Opinions/tips on All star transportation

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
I am putting together a cheap trip for Nov. 22-26. Chances are, we'll stay at the All star sports. Any opinions/ tips on the busses? I was very pleased with the transportation to/from POR in September.

I've stayed at ASMusic twice and have found the bus transportation to be excellent. I think the All Star buses may be some of the most efficient on property (AKL has my vote as best). -HM

We've stayed at the All Star Movies twice and we loved the bus transportation. We never waited more than maybe 5 minutes. And very rarely did we share a bus with the other All Star resorts! I also think the All Stars have some of the best transportation on site!

We'll be back at the Movies in October!!

We have had excelent bus service form the ASMo but have heard that the ASSp has the very best because they are the first resort the buses come to. We have shared buses with other All stars several time in off season but it has never been too big of a problem. We are going to do ASSp this year for the first time.

Jordan's mom

The All-Stars receive the best bus transportation on property. Hands down. They receive far more buses, and also the shortest intervals between buses. (Very often, one will pull out, and the next one pulls right in behind it)

*HOWEVER* It should be noted that the ONLY reason for this is the demand that the All-Stars have. Remember, we're talking 2,000 rooms per All-Star, and they're always busy.

During peak times, heavy crowds and lines are to be expected. However... we do compensate for this, and we handle the demand quite well. Buses come one right after another. During the morning, as demand warrants, each All-Star will get its own bus. In the afternoons, only the MK will have them separated. All the rest will combine them.

Typical routes go Sports -> Music -> Movies, HOWEVER many buses are dispatched to go in reverse... and will go Movies -> Music -> Sports.

Thanks for the responses!

When I was at WDW in Sept. I noticed at park closings the AS lines were always LOOOONG. But, I also remember that every other bus that came into the bus depot was an AS bus. It seemed the people waiting for Deluxe busses waited the longest.

Dallas Lady,
WE have stayed at ASsp on our very first on property stay.Being that it was our first,it was great for our stay,except when two high school football teams came in for a game,and were very noisy.(Yes,I called security)!
Personally,I'm not much into sports stuff,so that was our one and only stay at ASsp.I am a musician,so ASMu is perfect! We're doing the Movies thing this year in October.Best time to go!
But my comments on the buses.During October when the crowds are much smaller,the buses apparently become a little less frequent than what some of the other posts have said.We have waited maybe 15 min for the proper bus for our destination.But for us,that's not a problem.Why not?You may ask.Because,being able to leisurely get where we want to go on property,without driving our car,without having to pay to park,without having to ride the tram,ride the monorail or ferryboat,is a treat within itself.We go all over the property.We go to Ft. Wilderness and mess around there,and to other resorts to check them out as well.But anyway,the buses are a fine way to travel around the ole Dis.Only when we need to leave the property to get more breakfast supplies or to go to something off property,do we drive our car while there.Otherwise we ride the buses.Good Luck! Hope I've helped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter