Options to enter IOA from US other than train or gate?

yeheyprincex2

Adventure is out there!!
We will be at USF for 4 park days next week. Wondering if they will open any other entrance between the parks. My sons top priority is the new Velocicoaster and rip ride rocket. I need to have best plans laid out. we will be staying onsite and plan in rope-dropping and EE US. But thinking one day we should rope drop IOA from the gate for bet chance for Velocicoaster shortest wait time chances. Any experience on end of the day wiat times on Velocicoaster? TIA

I have zero interest on that new ride but have seen a few other threads discuss Velocicoastet and how they plan for it

RRR is not a new ride and waits for it are going to be a lot shorter for it

Hope you can do both of them without long waits

RRR does not typically run during EE or even at park opening. Check the app to see what has been happening lately, but it has been opening later than regular park opening. Velocicoaster has been running pretty smoothly and waits have been less than hour all day. Single rider line waits in mid to late afternoon were 20 minutes or so. I would expect an pretty even split with Hagrids at rope drop -maybe even more 60/40 to Hagrids because of the family component, The park entrance cut through from next to Suess opens on busy days mid day, but it has only been one way traffic - from IOA to US in my experience.

RRR does not typically run during EE or even at park opening. Check the app to see what has been happening lately, but it has been opening later than regular park opening. Velocicoaster has been running pretty smoothly and waits have been less than hour all day. Single rider line waits in mid to late afternoon were 20 minutes or so. I would expect an pretty even split with Hagrids at rope drop -maybe even more 60/40 to Hagrids because of the family component, The park entrance cut through from next to Suess opens on busy days mid day, but it has only been one way traffic - from IOA to US in my experience.
Thats good to know about RRR Thank you

I have zero interest on that new ride but have seen a few other threads discuss Velocicoastet and how they plan for it

RRR is not a new ride and waits for it are going to be a lot shorter for it

Hope you can do both of them without long waits
Im not a fan of the roller coasters either but my 10 year old is and I just have to do it lol 😝
The price I pay for have having thrill seeker :scared:

We have been to both parks 4 times this month and the only way to go from park to park is the train or front gates, the gate in the Seuss area has been closed. Monday May 24th it was quite busy in IOA but my daughter and sister were able to get on the VC around 4pm with only a 15 min wait.

Is Velocicoaster opening first thing in the morning when the other rides open at IoA? How early should we get to the entrance of IoA? I'm very well versed in Disney, whole new world for UO.

Is Velocicoaster opening first thing in the morning when the other rides open at IoA? How early should we get to the entrance of IoA? I'm very well versed in Disney, whole new world for UO.
We were there the second week of May when the soft openings had just started. The first 3 days, it didn't open until an hour or so after the park opening, but the last three mornings we were there, it opened with the park. I haven't been checking regularly, but if you pop in the app under wait times, you'll be able to see when it opens each day.

I thought this thread was for going between the parks using an alternate method other than Hogwarts or City Walk. Can we stay on topic? There are plenty of VC threads.

I thought this thread was for going between the parks using an alternate method other than Hogwarts or City Walk. Can we stay on topic? There are plenty of VC threads.
The OP asked about best plans for riding Velocicoaster and rope dropping IOA for shortest wait time. I asked if it’s available first thing when other rides open. “But thinking one day we should rope drop IOA from the gate for bet chance for Velocicoaster shortest wait time chances.”

The OP asked about best plans for riding Velocicoaster and rope dropping IOA for shortest wait time. I asked if it’s available first thing when other rides open. “But thinking one day we should rope drop IOA from the gate for bet chance for Velocicoaster shortest wait time chances.”
I read this because of the title of the thread. It said nothing about VC in the title

Welcome to the Darkside , better known as the step kids of the Dis

Common here for us to jump around on topics
We are used to changing the subject on a whim

If you need specific answers or help, make a new thread and request no VC discussion

I’ll stand by it

from what we have seen Velicicoaster has been running first thing in the morning. We have been checking on the Universal app ( which I highly recommend you download). and we follow several Theme park bloggers and all signs point to plan for the ride to be running in the morning. We plan to arrive at the parks 30-1 hr before park opening, we have always been rope droppers so this is just our normal routine when in we visit UFO or WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter