MikeNamez

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

We will be having Thanksgiving in an airbnb close to the parks and were looking to have it all catered. Has anyone ever done this for a holiday or special event in the area and if so what catering company did you use? Would be about 10 people in total, cost isn't a concern either. Any help/reviews or guidance would be appreciated.

TIA!

I actually did this! We just used Whole Foods. They had a premade Thanksgiving deal where you could order a turkey (full or just breast) and all the sides and desserts. I remember us getting a turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, dinner rolls, gravy, cranberry sauce, and an apple pie, but I believe they had lot of options to choose from (I think they also had a choice of a spiral ham in addition to the turkey). I believe everything was cooked except the turkey which was partially cooked, so you had to stick it in the oven for a few hours, but at least you don't need to defrost and prepare it. All the sides just had to be thrown in the oven or microwave to be heated. It was actually all really good, and one of the better turkeys we ever had! We just ordered ahead of time and picked it up the day of from a Whole Foods near Universal. Not exactly a catered option, but we really liked this option and it was a nice way to do a traditional Thanksgiving away from home. Also, since there are Whole Foods nearly everywhere, it's a good option for anyone who just doesn't want to cook on Thanksgiving!

All great advice above thank you both so much... I know Publix did it, but forgot all about Whole Foods. I'll have to check that out for sure.

If anybody has tried any local catering businesses I love to hear about that too and try to help support them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter