Orlando height limit?

Hockeyman

DIS Veteran
I read on numerous message boards people argueing about Orlandos height limit. Some people swear its 200ft. Now im not saying there wrong but how do they really know! The one reason I am sceptical of that is because of the Sky Tower at Sea World. Its a 400ft tall ride. So then how can it be 200ft then? Can anyone here shed some light on this topic?

There is a 200ft high building limit in the zoning where Universal is located. Universal is in the city, Sea World is in the county, and a different location.

That's not saying Universal might not apply for an exemption, it's just that the homeowners in the area might not appreciate them doing that.

Also, it's not to say a zoning exemption isn't out of the question.

For example, you might want to drive to downtown Orlando and look at many of the buildings there. Or perhaps some of those hotels on I-Drive (those 2 big ugly pink things behind Wet n' Wild come to mind).

There's alot of rumors about this 200ft thing in Orlando - most started about the time Disney was building ToT. But, just look around at alot of the buildings and you'll see - this "200ft rule" is nothing to worry about.

Yes, it is, but it's also in Osceola County. The 200 ft limit is not a all over the City, or a Orange County issue. It only relates to Universal's property as it is next to a residential area. As CoasterFev said, there's always an exemption, although there's nothing planned right now that needs it.

Again, Orange County. The line is fine here. Universal property was annexed. The county/City of Orlando line runs right down Turkey Lake Rd. and circles Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter