Orlando Sentinel article: New attractions coming to USF

It's interesting they call it an expansion, but I read it more as a 'freshening up' of the park. It doesn't physically add a new building, like MIB, (or fill in one of the current 'dead' areas) but it does give us all something to look forward to. Alfred Hitchcock was looking pretty tired, and the Hanna Barbera ride was the least impressive of the simulators, IMHO.

Just a little wondering thought of mine but could we possibly see each of the older attractions getting a update too? I think USF would have a completely new park if BTTF, JAWS and Earthquake were refurbished.

Could this be a plan of action for each year at USF?

Just think how great USF could be if they put a little bit of money into refurbishing like Spaceman Spiff said. If Jaws had a new story along with new shark skins/bodies with today's technology! Or BTTF with a new ride film maybe in 3d, a new chapter in the BTTF series with minor changes to the cars to update them to the new technology;). And with Earthquake already being refurbished to accomadate a new preshow on how they would do those special effects in today's world... Come on Universal, new president, new paint, new attractions, new live entertainment, let's make it all come together with updating the old attractions.

P.S. If the two new attractions are going to be located in the Hitchcock and Hanna buildings, then maybe this news isn't everything planned....remember King kong....I believe it is still schedualed to be closed down after this summer. Just imagine USF's possibilities! Very exciting:bounce: :bounce:

I think it bad news to lose the Hitchcock attraction!!! i always enjoyed it, the show always had good crowds and it wasnt a attraction meant for kids which was a positive!! They watered it down by removing the bathroom portion but it was great and its a major loss to see it removed!

I did enjoy Hitchcock and it will be mildly missed. I just think it wasn't much of a repeat attraction, once you've seen it a couple times, you've seen it enough---this coming from a Hitchcock fan. I think Shrek will be better. On the other hand, I just hate Jimmy Neutron, but Hanna Barbera was getting ragged... hopefully they will spruce up the insides.

I'm starting to see excellent oppurtunities for USF as afroman pointed out. It's a park you have to learn to love, I've always said. And I've gotten to enjoy the park to it's fullest, and enjoy it almost as much as IOA. They pump a little money into it, look out! I'm excited to see so many changes in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter