Oscar Nominations -- How Many of the Movies Have you Seen?

Fabelmans and first hour of Avatar ... haven't heard of many of them, as usual.

But honestly, how does Avatar or Maverick get in there???

Last edited:
The Banshees of Inisherin
Everything Everywhere All at Once
Triangle of Sadness

ETA, in the international and animated categories:
EO
Marcel the Shell With Shoes On

Last edited:
None but I do plan to see some of them. Definitely going to watch the Oscars, I love to watch this show.

From Best Picture one
The Banshees of Inisherin
Elvis
Top Gun Maverick
Everything Everywhere All at Once

Also saw The Whale but not nominated for Best Picture

Top Gun Maverick-this was actually the first movie I saw in the theatre since Covid. I thought it was good.

Elvis-I picked up the dvd from the library-my husband and I got about 3/4 of the way through and stopped, couldn't take it anymore. We both thought it was awful.

Everything Everywhere All at Once-have it on hold from the library, not sure if I'll get it before the Oscars though. It looks interesting.

I'm debating on whether or not I want to see Avatar. I'm not sure I want to sit there for 3 plus hours. My mom and I used to have this tradition of seeing all the best picture nominees every year in the theatre, that was back when there were only 5. I really think they've dumbed it down since they changed the rules.

I've only seen one of the best picture nominees.

Two more if you count the other categories.

I haven't seen any of the best picture nominees, though there are some that I want to at some point like Everything Everywhere All at Once and The Banshees of Inisherin.

I wanted to see The Whale, but I heard it wasn't that good (minus Brendan Fraser's performance. From reviews I've read, his performance is the best part).

Outside of best picture nominees, I've seen Turning Red (obviously lol), Puss in Boots and Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio for best animated feature. I hope Puss in Boots wins - that movie was awesome!

Fabelmans and first hour of Avatar ... haven't heard of many of them, as usual.

But honestly, how does Avatar or Maverick get in there???

Honestly, Maverick probably shouldn't be nominated. I saw it (well, kind ahalf-watched it) at a friends house, and it's...well, it's kinda dumb. I mean, I get it as a crowd-pleaser, a Star Wars type of movie (surprisingly too much like STar Wars actually), and it's fine on that level. If I could stand seeing Tom Cruise on screen for even a second I'd probably even like it. I think the cinematography is really it's only truly outstanding trait though.

Avatar is more complicated. It's a deeper movie with more to say, but also it just pushes cinema to it's technical limits. It is groundbreaking in that regard and deserves recognition for that. Best Picture might also be a stretch though. I would almost think it would have made more sense ot have nominated Cameron for Best Director as what he did is nothing short of phenomonal, but at the end of the day it's still a big, loud, blockbuster movie - not that that's a bad thing, but it's not really a "Best Picture" thing. This is probably why it won't win either.

Wanted to see Top Gun Maverick, but never got around to it. Will probably watch it on streaming service in the near future. I saw Elvis on a plane last month. I’m not a huge Elvis fan, but thought it was well done. Haven’t seen any of the others; some I’ve never heard of.

Watched the Top Gun film on a plane.
Really enjoyed it, thought the flying sequences were superb.
Wouldn't be surprised if it won something.
Never watched the Oscars, aren't they on in the middle of the night?

ford family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter