OT: Any Groovy Ideas?

tyniknate

DIS Veteran
Can someone help with ideas? I'm the person in charge of our Halloween float for Cub Scouts and we've decided to do Woodstock since it's both the anniversary of boy scouting and woodstock. We have a "friendly" rivalry between the three scout groups in town and each year it's kinda a competion when it comes to the parade float. We've won two of the last three years, but last year we lost and the boys were devastated. The floats are completely top secret until the night of the parade. So far we've made tie-dye shirts and we have a VW van, but I'm out of ideas. Besides flowers and peace symbols, what do we do? My DH wanted us to roll the windows down and put a smoke machine in the bus, but I had to veto that. Hilarious idea, but would probably not go over well with the BSA. Last thing I need to do is explain to 50 scouts about the marijuana aspect of woodstock :scared1:. Need something more kid-friendly.
So, what music do you think of when you think 60s hippies and woodstock? :hippie:
We need a really good slogan for on the huge backdrop, but I'm stuck. Anyone? You would be the hero of the cubbies.

google woodstock for some ideas.

i think wavy gravy when i hear woodstock!

how about having them wear fringe vests with peace sign pins on them?
or do they have to be in uniform?
let me think more about it. i'm at work right now.

Beads and headbands, Jimmy and Janice and Arlo! Flower power was a big slogan too wasnt it? I like your DHs idea about the smoke but it also makes me think of Sean Penns Spicoli and Ridgemont High!

LOL!!! The smoke machine!!! Our class rep had to veto that for my DD's class float! I couldn't help but laugh when DD told me who thought of it.. all prim and proper.... guess she just give her parents the alert of their lives! ;)

tie dye, beads, head bands... peace symbols, vests....

Let me search some things...

LOL!!! The smoke machine!!! Our class rep had to veto that for my DD's class float! I couldn't help but laugh when DD told me who thought of it.. all prim and proper.... guess she just give her parents the alert of their lives! ;)

tie dye, beads, head bands... peace symbols, vests....

Let me search some things...

Could you tie dye the sheet as a back drop for the slogan? Use vinyl letters from the cricut to put the slogan on.... ;) DD did this with her homecoming banner she made and it was great!

Music: The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Santana, Joe Cocker, the Rolling Stones, The Who and other great 60s music.

Tamborines! :) That would be a hoot.. all the kids bangin' tamborines! Inflatable guitars

Also probably would not go over well, but a big trashcan that says "Draft Papers" or something on it....

I say you get a bunch of those big fake beards and round glasses with headband/bandana things... and just have them slowly wave.

Oh, can you play music on the float? If you have one set of kids up there pretending to play on instruments, and you have some of the songs that were performed there blasting, that would be pretty cool.

I knew I could count on you guys. :banana: Ordered inflatable guitars and peace necklaces from OT this morning. Am busy searching for music this afternoon. It's kinda hard to do when my home computer STILL isn't working. Am at the library down the street from work trying to put this all together. We're looking into a way to make the fringe vests without breaking the budget. You guys rock!

Jo's had some great vinyl stickers already cut... the one here for $30.00 has a VAN all decked out and a lot of words.. peace, peace signs.. I couldn't help but laugh and think of you! The van was all psychodelic (sp)...

I just wanted to give a great big thanks to all who offered suggestions for our hippie group. :hippie: Our Cub Scouts rocked the parade and we should be first place for sure. :yay: I'll post pics this weekend if anyone wants to see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter