OT: Interest Thread: Sketch Dimensions

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
Ok, gals.. have a question for you.... since we are working more w/ sketches in the challenges and swaps... would there be any interest in sharing information/dimensions... I know I am using sketches more and more...but sometimes hate to figure out the dimensions...

This will stay on the swap board once we get it up and moving IF there is enough interest... I bet there will be...

My idea is to start the thread... w/ the detailed information/format of how to submit the info....
the 2nd posting will be an index... thinking maybe indexing it by # of photos.

Here is my format thought..
1. Original sketch and source information
2. Your take on the sketch
3. Information/Details..

Example:
Original sketch found on pagemaps.com
apr1012x12c.jpg

My take on the sketch:
100_3334.jpg

Details (thanks in most part to wdwmickey for the great information) (my adjustments in deep sky blue)
Black 12 x 12 as background paper.
Yellow is 11.5 x 11.5 square
Blue is 7 x 10 (I think 7.5 x 10 might be a better fit)
Red is 11.25 rectangle (cut on the cricut George letter I (shift key))
White title box is 3.5 x 9.5
Ribbon is 4.5" (I used the anchors @ 2" from Mickey & Friends Icon-Border)

The embellisment Donald is cut at 3" (no real dial size)
Title is cut on 1/2" real dial size...but that will really have to worked with trial and error... it all depends on the style and cut....

Any interest?

I will have 2 more to submit later this week...

I figure we can also ask questions in the thread and therefore the index would definitely help.

I think this is a great idea!! I've been using more page maps too, sometimes it is downright painful to figure out the dimensions. I think I have a couple I can add to the list. Let me look around.

Ummm....Nancy....this is a FAB-U-LOUS idea!!!!!! I have been using quite a few sketches lately. Plus, like you said, we are using them in swaps...what a great reference!!!! I love the idea and hope it sticks!!! What if we draw our own sketches ever? Should we also be adding them here with our examples and dimentions?

I say yes.. if you are up to designing your own and sharing dimensions absolutely!!!!! :)

Great!! I hope that this will get moving... if you start posting here before I open the official sticky, I'll move your posts over to the new thread!!!!

Can't wait!!!

I say a big fat YES!!!. I just designed my third letter for the MAW swap in less than 5 minutes using the measurements you sent me. I am already cutting things out. It took me over a month to start cutting with the last letter. That one was not a sketch, but still.

Great idea.

I found that this "Blue is 7 x 10 (I think 7.5 x 10 might be a better fit)" fits better at 7 x 9.5 :lmao:

Oh, and I created a box in SCAL for the rectangle and also used an SVG to make a piece of ric rac for it.

Great idea! :thumbsup2

I know I've been looking at the sketches to get ideas for my traditional scraping habit

I like this idea a lot!

I take the sketch, import or copy it into Word. Then I change the size to 4x4 before printing it out. This way, I can measure the layer and then multiply it by 3 to get what I need for a 12x12 page. It isn't always exact, but it does seem to come close. :)

If it is just one sketch - then 6x6 multiply by 2.

I like this idea a lot!

I take the sketch, import or copy it into Word. Then I change the size to 4x4 before printing it out. This way, I can measure the layer and then multiply it by 3 to get what I need for a 12x12 page. It isn't always exact, but it does seem to come close. :)

If it is just one sketch - then 6x6 multiply by 2.

This is an amazing idea!!:thumbsup2 You are brilliant :flower3:

Please let's do it!! What do you want done? Do you want us to start uploading sketches and the measurements now?

Please feel free to upload the sketches and the measurements you have for it... and please note where you found it....

Ok, I will start a fresh thread...but lets keep it to sketches/questions no chit chat... does that sound okay with everyone????

Nuts!!!!!

Guess that leaves me out of that thread, ' cause I'm a chit chatter!!!
I better stay over here!!! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter