OT- My office smells like the loading of Spaceship Earth

SDSorority

Traumatized by Magic Journeys and Haunted Mansion
LOL. So I just walked in my office from the copy room and STOPPED in my tracks. ((sniff sniff)) It smelled like the loading area of Spaceship Earth!!! :lovestruc

...it's probably mold.

But still, it made me :cloud9:

That is funny! I have smelled that smell in a few places and had people say eew, what is that smell.. And I remember thinking "ahh, spaceship earth in Disney World" hehe

:rotfl2: my DH and I were JUST talking about that smell too!! it's the smell of "Rome Burning".... I don't know why, but it's got that funny smell when you go through the scene where Rome is burning... he hates it but I LOVE that smell !! (it also smells like that a little bit on POTC in the burning scene) :cloud9:

Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only person who did this! I always relate smells to Disney, especially smells of fountains! People always look at me like I'm crazy. After I took the DBF, when I did the "omg this fountain smells like Disney!" in the mall, he totally understood and agreed! It makes the day that much better. :rotfl:

Saturday was my first good day working in the yard. I had to grab the sunscreen. My son and I said at same time...."smells like Disney".

We are an early June family and first thing each morning is the sunscreen. Don't use it much the rest of the year. We are less than three months out....:goodvibes

Saturday was my first good day working in the yard. I had to grab the sunscreen. My son and I said at same time...."smells like Disney".

We are an early June family and first thing each morning is the sunscreen. Don't use it much the rest of the year. We are less than three months out....:goodvibes

Sunscreen reminds me too! I can remember being a little girl and so anxious to get out, and my mom would pull me back in and lather me till I was stark white with sunscreen. I'm quite pale, and I know I'm a miserable person when I get a sunburn, so it was better she did (and of course, you know, was a responsible parent!). My dad used to make Donald Duck noises to distract me until we could leave!

LOL. So I just walked in my office from the copy room and STOPPED in my tracks. ((sniff sniff)) It smelled like the loading area of Spaceship Earth!!! :lovestruc

...it's probably mold.

But still, it made me :cloud9:

Yes.. but what are the lines like and do we need a fastpass?:rotfl:

Yes.. but what are the lines like and do we need a fastpass?:rotfl:

:rotfl2:

Welll.... I'm the Admin. Asst. of the department :surfweb:, so I often NEED to hand out fastpasses because I do end up having lines out the door :rotfl:. I would much rather be smelling this at Epcot, but a fix so far away isn't so bad I guess :cloud9:

I love :love:when this happens.

Last Saturday my DH and I were having dinner out and I had a garden salad. There were some apples sliced on the side and they tasted like Soarin' smells. Made me laugh when I ate them. :) I made DH taste and he agreed.

The smells of Disney are as important to me as the decorations and landscaping. We go to a specific theater in town because the smell reminds me of Disney!

I remember stopping in my tracks at a store that had a bunch of those table top fountains because it smelled like Disney, must have been the water. I also have been in our local botanical gardens and smelled Epcot.

Thanks to heavy rain, warming temps and 6 ft of snow melting, my basement currently smells like Splash Mountain.

I love when that kind of thing happens.
Don't they say our sense of smell is the biggest memory trigger?

Too funny! Just yesterday my DS was coloring and I went into his room to grab something. I got a "whiff" of the burning smell from Spaceship Earth and even commented to him and wondered what it was from. I picked up the page he was coloring and it smelled just like it! Who knew a page colored with an orange crayon would smell like Spaceship Earth. We both just smiled...:thumbsup2

Heather

this makes me so happy!!

i love when i get wiffs of the "disney water ride" smell. splash, potc and small world all have that same musty smell, but i get so excited when i sniff it!!

:goodvibes:goodvibes

When it smells like the monorail on a hot summer's day it is time to look for a new job.

Poly Lobby....GF lobby....POTC...the Land Pavilion(I think its the Garden Grove)....

My dh loves tea made by Twinnings called Lapsang Souchang. We hadn't had it in years so I got a couple of boxes for him. Wouldn't you know it......smells just like Spaceship Earth!!!!! Even my stubborn dh who is not a disney fanatic like me had to agree to this. Too funny!!! Rome burning in a teacup:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter