OT-My soulmate is in the hospital! *UPDATED AGAIN*

JamesD

<font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon
I never post about personal matters, but many of you know Linda, so I thought you should know what's going on.
I had to admit Linda to the hospital yesterday with severe abdominal pains that had been going on about a week, and did not appear to be subsiding, even though she was on 2 different antibiotics and pain killers. After getting a CT scan of her abdomen and doing other tests, it turns out she has diverticulitis, and more seriously, an abscess in her colon. When they get rid of the infection, hopefully by tomorrow, they are going to have to operate, and remove part of her colon. :(
**UPDATE**
Linda had surgery this afternoon, and according to the doctor everything went well, but we're not out of the woods yet. He removed a 'short' section of her intestine which was diseased and reconnected it. Hopefully by Monday, if everything is working again as it should she can go home. I guess I'll be watching the Super Bowl in the hospital! I'm just thankful I can still watch it with Linda.
We just want to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for the well wishes. It really touched us tremendously!
Well, I finally got to bring Linda home today (Wed.) from the hospital! It was not a good week for her. Let's just say the quality of health care just isn't what it used to be! I'm afraid she's going to take a long time to recover. She's concerned about missing so much work and getting so far behind. The business trip to New Orleans in March is out of the question, but hopefully she will be in good shape by the time our next trip to the World comes around in May. For now, she's got to watch what she eats; a 'low-residue' diet now and a high fiber diet in the future.
Again, I want to express my deepest appreciation for all the support and kind words. We look forward to seeing everyone again real soon!

JamesD
dzneynut@aol.com

Please let Linda know that Sandy and I are keeping her in our thoughts and prayers.

Oh James! The poor girl!!!!
Prayers and hugs coming to you and especially Linda!

Sending any and all Pixie Sust avialable here your way. Linda will be in my thoughts.

Heres prayers for both of you. I hope that everything goes well and its a very very very small part that has to come out. Linda needs to keep as much of herself as possible. Tell her to get well soon. Take care of yourself as well, don't need you sick at the same time!

Sending lots of Pixie Dust your way.........................................................................

.........................................................................................................

.........................................................................................
Will keep both of you in my prayers, give Linda a hug from me.

James, I'm keeping you and Linda in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh no James! Poor Linda. Sending you both lots of prayers and pixie dust! Make sure you have great doctors!

Sending prayers and pixie dust from here, too .....

My dmom had diverticulitis last year and ended up hospitalized. They treated her with Cipro and it cleared up in a few days. She's now super-vigilant about what she eats. I hope your Linda recovers just as quickly and is back in tip-top shape soon!

Oh James, I am sorry to hear this. Please let Linda know both of you are in my thoughts.

From both Ed and I...Feel better soon...keep us informed on how she is doing James..

So sorry to hear that, James. :( Plenty of pixie dust coming your way from Lauri and me.

My thoughts are with you & Linda.

Like DiznEeyore my aunt has diverticulitis and went through the same thing. She is now 84, and healthy as a horse. She has to watch her diet but other than that she is healthy, active and going strong.

PD and prayers to get you through the rough patch.

Please tell Linda I'm thinking of her. If you all need anything I'm not that far away.

Sue Ellen

I don't often check (or post) on the Collector's Board, but I'm glad that I checked today. Major prayers and PD for both Linda and you. And prayers for her surgeon and caregivers.

So sorry to hear this! Both of you will be in our thoughts!! We all wish for Linda to have a speedy recovery!
Please keep us updated.

Major pixie dust & many prayers comin' your way...!!!

Please keep us posted on how she is...

Buggin'
Amber

Truck Loads of Pixie Dust to you both. Tell Linda I said to take care and get better soon...

figgy

James,
I hope Linda s feeling well soon.
When she recuprates fully she might need a nice restful vacation somewhere.
We are all thinking of you both and praying for her quick recovery. Peggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter