OT--Question about food allergies?

disneyandme

DIS Veteran
Talked to the doctor today and the results of my DD3 blood tests for food all came back negative. He wants
to do a new skin test as her old one is from last Fall. Then if those
are negative too, then he wants to start food challenges. He told me
to keep avoiding what we have been avoiding until then. Unfortunatley,
we can't do the skin test until she is off her Zyrtec for several
days and that no possible right now with the pollen as bad as it is.

Another thing that I asked about was an accumulation allergy-- one
where a person doesn't react until a certain amount of the food is
eaten-- such as a small bit of egg in a bread may not cause any
reaction, but eating a whole egg does. My DDnow 7 had this type of allergy to milk. She could have a little cheese, but too much or in combination with dairy in a bread or cereal would give a reaction. He said food allergies have an immediate reaction to any amount of the food. I asked again about it
and only got a shrug. Does anyone else deal with the cummulative
effect of some foods and not just immediate reactions? Anyone know of
any resources for this? My DD3 has had a cummulative reaction to corn and egg and has other foods that she has reacted to immediately. Thanks.

I think in the past I've found good info and discussion board at http://www.kidswithfoodallergies.org I can't get their site to respond at the moment though - maybe it is temporarily down?

I know for peanut allergies they are pretty strict about when they will do a food challenge.

My DS has accumulative allergies to eggs...a piece of bread bothers him none, but he can't have a whole egg.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter