• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Dining Reviews

PrincessDadx2

Openly has the hots for Wuv Tigger
Just returned from a wonderful trip at the end of October. The weather was great, crowds light, and had fun dining. Here is our update:

1. Donald's Breakfastsaurus - We really liked this one last time and booked it again. This time we experienced what other people had a problem with. The characters were very rushed and only spent about 30 seconds at our table :( I like the food here and the server was good, but too pricey for the limited interaction. We ate a 8:10am. I think it has to do with how busy the restaurant is. Our server told us that a tour group of 140 had an 8:00am seating, which explains why everything was rushed at that time. We will probably not do this again for awhile.

2. BOMA - We were staying at AKL and tried this twice. Each time was excellent. I really enjoyed the soup, Fu Fu, zebra domes, pineapple cheesecake, etc. etc. Great food and service. A little expensive $80 for the 4 of us, but my youngest daughter was free and we got coffee and dessert included. I really liked the different tastes and thought it was worth it.

3. Princess breakfast in Norway - Great meal. They raised the price, but we had vouchers and I thought it was a good value. The food quality was much higher than the last time we went. Character interaction was great and my girls loved their time. We will do this again next visit.

4. Chef Mickeys - We did this dinner for my 40th birthday. Had a great time and wonderful meal. The mashed potatoes and pineapple coleslaw are to die for. I got a placemat signed by all the characters for my birthday :) along with a cupcake. I love the atmosphere and the ice cream bar. Great place for my birthday.

5. Ice Cream Social - This was fun and relatively cheap $26. Kids liked the ice cream and we got a lot of attention because there were few people in the restaurant. Definitely the best value in character dining.

6. Crystal Palace - Did this for breakfast before the park opened. Great alternative to EE if you are off site. We got some nice pictures of the castle and with the Mayor. Food was good and the characters were OK, but I think we prefer lunch at this restaurant.

7. Snacks - New favorite snacks are the ice cream cookie and french toast loaf at the main street bakery. I tried another beaver tail, but am officially giving them up - I don't get them.

HTH. Let me know if you have any questions.

Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't get the beavertails! ;)

Thought I'd ask, I've heard all about them. We had a few relatives eat at Boma and said the food wasn't spiced to their liking--I'm having a hard time convincing my group to try it--any suggestions???? Are beavertails like fried dough?????

Thanks!!!!

I'm glad you discovered the ice cream cookie sandwich on Main Street. My DH and I split one every trip on our way out of the park and we always find ourselves fighting for each every delicious bite!! I wish I had discovered it sooner! :earsgirl:

Sharing your reviews I enjoyed reading them.::yes:: :wave2:

Zebra Domes are small mounds of coffee mousse, dipped in chocolate and drizzled with more chocolate. Sorta sits on a cookie base. Sometimes the Mara sells them, also.

They're good, but I liked the dessert at The Cape May buffet better. Chocolate mousse spray painted with more chocolate, sitting on a chocolate . . . . so I like chocolate, okay?

Enjoyed your reviews and your children are beautiful.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter