Our friend, low-key

Dan what you said about Jason when you were a mod made me think of something I've always wondered about. I vaguely recall Pop Daddy as one who considered Disboards guidelines more as suggestions. It seems that Pop Daddy disappeared for quite a while (maybe banned?) and when he returned with his trademark grammar and spelling, his user name was low key. In my mind I assumed he had requested to regain access to the boards and whoever granted his permission might have had some words of advice: You can come back, but try and keep it a little more low key. Just my vivid imagination? I don't know.
Ron, if memory serves me correctly, Jason was still PD when I 'retired'. Your idea may very well be correct, though I am not sure.

When I saw who started this post and the title, my heart clenched because I knew what it was going to say, I did not want to hear. I have been on the DIS for more than 20 years and Jason (in both of his personas) has always been a favorite. He will be missed.

t. I vaguely recall Pop Daddy as one who considered Disboards guidelines more as suggestions. It seems that Pop Daddy disappeared for quite a while (maybe banned?) and when he returned with his trademark grammar and spelling, his user name was low key. In my mind I assumed he had requested to regain access to the boards and whoever granted his permission might have had some words of advice: You can come back, but try and keep it a little more low key. Just my vivid imagination? I don't know.
As a rule we don’t talk about infractions and such, but Jason was never banned, although a rascal. He took a break on his own terms and returned with a new name.

Dan what you said about Jason when you were a mod made me think of something I've always wondered about. I vaguely recall Pop Daddy as one who considered Disboards guidelines more as suggestions. It seems that Pop Daddy disappeared for quite a while (maybe banned?) and when he returned with his trademark grammar and spelling, his user name was low key. In my mind I assumed he had requested to regain access to the boards and whoever granted his permission might have had some words of advice: You can come back, but try and keep it a little more low key. Just my vivid imagination? I don't know.
He once told me that his new name "low-key" was because that was his new philosophy when he came back. He was going to keep it "low-key."

I really hate to hear this Dan, PD/LK was always came across as such a nice guy. His ‘hey’ responses conveyed kindness, sympathy and caring. I’m so sorry for the loss suffered by all his family and friends.

Hey Dan....

I heard the news about PD from a couple of mutual friend/long lost DISers like myself. So I got myself a new password. First, thank you for your always eloquent and detailed remembrances and tributes fellow DISers.

At first I only had a vague recollection (and a smile and good feeling) about Jason....but coming back and looking at the various threads, a lot comes back to my mind. For sure, the thoughtful "Hey." Three little letters that conveyed so much more: "I see you, I hear you, I care....".

Condolences to all Jason's loved ones... both on and offline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter