• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Reviews

Cinderellagrl

DIS Veteran
My family and I just returned from our first trip to Disney. Since I had read so many reviews before my trip, I thought I'd post my own.

We ate quite a few meals at the POR Food Court during our stay. Their food is pretty good, although I learned real fast to order just a child size meal. The regular meals were fairly large portions and I found the child size meal sufficient enough for me. The spaghetti and bread/garlic sticks were good. The chocolate chip pancakes were also good. Oh, and the kids all loved the macaroni & cheese (which they ate almost every day...I'm not exaggerating, either).

Cinderella's Royal Table (Breakfast)
I was disappointed with the food, especially for the price. They brought out the rolls first, so I decided to try a cinnamon roll. I was only halfway done with it when they brought out the meals, so I set it aside to make room for my plate. Apparently as I wasn't paying attention the waiter took my cinnamon roll, so I didn't get to finish it. The potatoes were okay, but I couldn't eat the bacon or the sausage. The meal was just too greasy for me. I would've felt horrible the rest of the day. However, I absolutely do not regret having breakfast there. It was the highlight of my dd5's trip. It was a surprise and she wanted to meet Cinderella more than anything. The experience for her was well worth the money.

Rainforest Cafe (Animal Kingdom)
We ate dinner there and it was my favorite meal. I had read so many bad reviews about the food and was really hesitant about eating there, but I'm so glad we did. The restaurant is pretty neat and we all thought the food was fantastic. I had the Paradise Pot Roast which is served over garlic mashed potatoes. The meat was so tender and not dry at all. It was excellent. The potatoes were really good, too. DH had the Primal Steak, which he absolutely loved. DD13 and her friend had the ribs. DD13 didn't care for her ribs b/c she said they had alot of fat on them, but DDF loved hers. DD5 had the macaroni & cheese (which passed the test for her). SIS had the Cyclone Crab Cakes, which she said were excellent. Of course for dessert we tried the Sparkling Volcano. Well, our volcano erupted in about 5 seconds. It never stood a chance. That was absolutely fantastic. This meal was well worth the money spent on it.

50's Prime Time Cafe
The atmosphere in this restaurant is great. "Uncle Tommy" was our waiter and he was great. I will try to write a trip report so I won't go into details here, but we had a blast! We all (except for DD5) had the chicken with Yukon potatoes and green beans. The chicken and potatoes were really tasty. DD5 shocked us all and chose to have a grilled cheese sandwich. It usually comes with french fries, but she didn't want them, so Uncle Tommy said she could substitute the fries with something else. So, she decided to substitute them with...take a guess...yup...macaroni & cheese. For dessert we all shared the banana split and the smores.

The Land (Epcot)
We ate at the food court. I had the BBQ chicken sandwich, which I didn't finish...it wasn't that great. DD13 got the ribs...she thought they were disgusting so she ended up getting chicken tenders along with the rest of the family. Everyone seemed to like the tenders.

LeCellier
The food was pretty good overall, but very pricey. To be honest I felt I got my money's worth out of the Rainforest Cafe alot more than LeCellier. The portions aren't that big, especially for the price. SIS and I got the filet mignon, which was terrific, however, I did not like the cream cheese potatoes. DD13 got the filet mignon with the Roasted Yukon potatoes. She didn't like the RY Potatoes, so I ate them (they were great). DH got the Prime Rib and Lobster, which he thought was excellent. DDF wasn't sure what she wanted, so she ordered the 6 oz steak off the child's menu. The waitress seemed hesitant to give it to her b/c it was on the child's menu and DDF is 14yo, but she did it anyway. DD5 had plain spaghetti noodles. No dessert...the meal came to $180 for 6 ppl including the tip. DH wanted cheesecake until he saw the price was $11.50...so we opted out!

Crystal Palace
Our last night there we had dinner at the Crystal Palace with Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore. Again, I was disappointed with the food. It's not a good selection for picky eaters. We all tried a variety of food, but most of us ended up eating the chicken fingers from the kid's buffet bar. The characters were great. Again, DD5 was in awe. That, to me, is worth it. It's something she'll always remember.

All in all, we were mostly satisfied with our meals for the week. I do think that they could improve their character meals, though. You are definitely paying for the atmosphere, not the food. Do I regret the character meals? Absolutely not...like I said, it's something my DD5 will always remember. Will I do it again? That depends on how soon we go back to Disney. I think it would be a waste of money for older kids. We will definitely go back to the Rainforest Cafe, the 50's Prime Time, and maybe LeCellier.

Your RFC meal sounds like it was awesome. Looking forward to reading about your 50s Prime Time Diner experience!

Thank you for sharing,I enjoyed reading them.::yes:: :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter