Our trip to Disneyland 7/27-8/4!

waltskids

Disney Fans
Hi! Just returned from a trip to Disneyland, CA. We stayed in the Grand Californian for 5 nights then went to Disneyland Hotel for 3 nights- We loved the GC- had a view of Cal. Adventure park right near the rapids. We were on the 10th floor standard view in DH and had a super view of the fireworks at DL. Both hotels were great- but we liked GC for its turn down service, food court, and beautiful lobby (we used DVC points for both). We went to Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast, Blue Bayou for lunch (water table), House of Blues for lunch, Ralph Brennen's for dinner, Yamabuki for sushi at dinner, and Hook's Point and the Wine Celler for dinner. All of them were wonderful! We also went to the dessert buffet for the Fantasmic show on Tuesday 7/29 which was also wonderful. I highly recommend it to anybody who wants a perfect view of the show- (we were first to book so we had a front row seat:) Also did Hollywood, San Diego, Santa Monica, Venice Beach, and a show taping. I woud NOT recommend All Star Tours for an LA tour. Our driver got lost picking up his passengers and drove terrible (I mean we feared we were going to be in an accident a few times!) All in all though- a wonderful trip!!:) Any questions??

:p

Glad you had a good time! We tried Yamabuki on our last trip and while we found the food to be first rate, the service was a bit slow (and this was a week night with the restaurant half full). However, I'm not the type to dismiss a place because of one mediocre experience and will most likely try it again next time :D You're right about the lobby of the GC being impressive. We styaed at PPH and passed through there a few times on our way to DTD or DL. The architecture is fantastic.

Hi WaltsKids,
Glad you had a great time. What were your favorite rides at the parks? Which meal did you enjoy most? Any special moments to report? We love details, details, details....Please do tell!

WaltsKids,
What show taping did you see? Did you get your tickets from Audiences Unlimited? Do you know if everyone with tickets got to see the taping? How long was it from beginning to end? Sorry so many questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter