• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Very Villainous Vacation UPDATE 1 July 2010: Happy Canada Day

DisGirlAllie

DIS Veteran
ourveryvillainousvacation-1.jpg

Irony. If there was one word to describe this whole report, it would be irony. Now, I am sure you are sitting there on the other side of your computer screen giving me strange virtual looks of "care to share?"
Why yes. Yes I would care to share. Because I am a nice person. Which is exactly what makes this even more ironic.
We are a very villainous family. No, not in the way I am sure you can assume from that statement. In the way that our favorite characters are usually villains. No, not because we have secret evil desires to be villains. But because most of the time, they are the most entertaining part because they actually believe they can win. Fools.
So, we are fans of villains. They entertain us. The irony? We are far from villains. This year, I won Least Likely to Commit A Crime of Any Sort. My dad has never once gotten a speeding ticket. My stepmom is a former pre-school teacher, current substitute. Becca once had a hunger strike in protest of her parents trying to get rid of a mouse in her older brother's room (and promptly ran away screaming when she actually saw the mouse but so not the point). We are nice people. Crazy. Cranky in the heat. Ridiculously indecisive. But nice? You betcha!
Now don't get us wrong. We do have characters that we like are normal heroes. But we definitely enjoy the villains.

So, you'd probably like me to get onto the actual trip details. Since I am a nice person, YWIMC (your wish is my command. Making up acronyms as we go along!) Last year, my dad married my stepmom, Christine. In order to have some "family bonding" and a summer vacation, we went to Disney World. Becca's dad and my dad have been best friends since they were 12, so Becca is practically my sister. So my dad often brings her along with us on one small condition: we have to save up the money. Last year, we had to save up $450 each totaling $900 to pay for the hotel, park tickets, and airline tickets. This year, we only had to save $265 each because we are staying at a DVC resort (Boardwalk anyone?) and bought annual passes last year. All that leaves is dining and airline tickets. We will be leaving our houses on 14 August at 7:25 FROM BALTIMORE (a torurous hour away:sad2: Also ironic considering Dulles is fifteen minutes away :rolleyes:) and coming home on 25 August at 19:25 to be back in time for school and orientation.
And now, I present to you, even more random details about the crazy people you'll be living vicariously through.

dad-1-1.jpg

Forty year old computer programmer born in Louisiana. Huge fan of Hades, Mardi Gras, Diet Coke, Green, the NOLA Saints, Epcot, and the Bourne series. He's known as the Disney expert around work and has helped plan more vacations than you can count on one hand. He can't stand people who walk reeeeeeeally slow in the parks (they tend to spread out so you can't pass by), rude people, overly expensive things, and lamb/veal. He used to be all commando at the parks (up at 6:00 back at 23:00, repeat) but now he's become more chill. Thank god.

christine-1-1.jpg

Robbed the cradle. She's ten months older than my dad (a fact he regularly points out) and is a former pre-school teacher from St. Louis. She's now a substitute here and is a gardening goddess. She loves Mary Poppins, Christmas, Iced Tea, Pink, the St. Louis Cardinals, Magic Kingdom, and those super cheesy Hallmark movies. She's semi-new to Disney but she's learning quick. She hates rude people, overly expensive things, and barbecue. She's very chill and has that cutesy style as far as decorating goes.

becca-1-1.jpg

My best friend since birth. She was born in Utah and moved to Virginia before we did. She loves animals, summer, Diet Coke, Blue, Soccer, Epcot, and the Little Mermaid (borderline obsession, knows every line). She's been to Disney twice, both times with us. She has five siblings. She hates rude people, the heat, and needles. 15, getting her permit in August.

allie-2-1.jpg

Yours truly. The writer. Born in Utah. Part Canadian, probably will move there someday. Uses 24 hour time, writes the date by day month year, and loves Club Soda. I love Mardi Gras, the Saints, rugby, orange and teal, all of the parks, and Alice in Wonderland/Mary Poppins/Peter Pan. I'm sacrastic, cranky when it gets above 90 (good plan. Going to Florida in August.) 14, I'll be 15 in July and I'll get my permit in January.

So yes. Those are the people that you'll get to hear Disney details from. Good luck with that!

Index
Introduction: You are here!
Happy Canada Day!

Allie, we're gonna be in Disney at the same time.
I'm going from the 17th - 21st. I was thinking of starting a PTR, but I have no idea what to write.

Allie, we're gonna be in Disney at the same time.
I'm going from the 17th - 21st. I was thinking of starting a PTR, but I have no idea what to write.
Awesome! Have a wonderful time. And I mostly wrote a PTR because I'm attempting to keep myself from going crazy with waiting for this time to hurry up and get here! It's a good way to get yourself excited :)

You too!
I'm going crazy too, but EVERYONE is pretty much in on this countdown with me. Its sweet.

totally. I got help from the link in your sig.
Thank you! Four more exams to go!
Idk why you thought I was your age.
Maybe because of your post count and the fact that you've been around for nearly as long as I have?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter