Our western road trip is coming to vegas!

liesel

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

We are planning a two week road trip from Colorado to California in late May/early June and will be spending one night in Vegas. It will be myself, DH, DS8 and DD4. We'll be driving from Moab, UT and are looking for a clean place in good repair with a kid friendly pool. I looked at the hotel reviews and am considering the Orleans, MGM Grand, and the Venetian if we could get an awesome deal. The plan is to arrive late afternoon/early evening, find a fun themed restaurant or buffet (I saw that MGM Grand has a Rainforest cafe, any other suggestions would be appreciated), return to hotel around 8 (definitely no later than 9-I have no desire to be on the street with young ones at night), have breakfast the next morning, a couple of hours at the pool (have a little fun before putting the kids in the car again), and drive down the strip in the morning so that the kids can see it in a much quieter mode. Then its on to Anaheim! We had a stopover in Vegas a few years ago and my son was fascinated by his view of the strip from the airplane. He's an aspiring world traveller and loved the Eiffel Tower, pyramid, and I told him about the canals and gondola rides. I thought this brief stopover would satisify his curiousity and help break up the long drive. Any suggestions would be so appreciated! TIA!!

I have stayed at MGM and at Venetian many times. I've never stayed at the third location you have in mind.

In all my stays at the Venetian, I have not seen many children there. There are no "fun" places. MGM is more that type of place. It has the Rainforest Cafe, the Lion exhibit, and more casual dining options and it's very close to the World of M&M's store. I've noticed younger children walking at MGM.

Both have nice pools. I don't know that I would call them kid friendly as Las Vegas has really gone away from being a kid friendly place, but they are nice pools.

I have stayed at MGM and at Venetian many times. I've never stayed at the third location you have in mind.

In all my stays at the Venetian, I have not seen many children there. There are no "fun" places. MGM is more that type of place. It has the Rainforest Cafe, the Lion exhibit, and more casual dining options and it's very close to the World of M&M's store. I've noticed younger children walking at MGM.

Both have nice pools. I don't know that I would call them kid friendly as Las Vegas has really gone away from being a kid friendly place, but they are nice pools.

Thanks for the response, anyone else? Perhaps a good buffet suggestion? The last time I was in Vegas was July 2000 and the place was crawling with kids. Sounds like that has changed a bit.

I would stay at MGM, for some more fun dining just walk across the pedestrian bridge to NYNY, and visit their highly themed dining area, they have lots of choices, in a food mall, including to die for bakeries! For after dinner there is an arcade right next door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter