Overweight and considering Discovery Cove..

TimeforMe

<marquee><font color=royalblue>Remember who you ar
I am very self-conscious about my weight and ambivalent about doing Discovery Cove. The rest of my family is doing it, however, and I don't want to feel left out. I definitely do NOT want to wear a wetsuit. Are they optional? We are going the end of July. Any comments are welcome...

If you're swiming with the animals you'll have to wear one. I think you can swim in the chlorinated pool without one, but I suggest you check that from DC.

Originally posted by TimeforMe
I am very self-conscious about my weight and ambivalent about doing Discovery Cove. The rest of my family is doing it, however, and I don't want to feel left out. I definitely do NOT want to wear a wetsuit. Are they optional? We are going the end of July. Any comments are welcome...

I don't know if you know, but you CAN go to DC as a day guest with your family and not swim...they have a reduced rate for people who are not swimming. I know with the cost at DC, there are alot of families who just have their kids swim, while they enjoy watching them have the time of their lives. You can take pictures and/or videos and relax in the sun. I'm sure you would still feel very much a part of it all, even without going in! :)

Karen :smooth:

I was there last July and wearing a wetsuit was optional. In fact, my family (4 of us) only wore the vests. I don't know if that's changed or not. If you are doing the dolphin swim, the water is pretty cold but you get used to it. Same with the stingray pool. I don't remember there being a chlorinated pool though.

Sara

I were there last July and wearing a wetsuit was optional. In fact, my family (4 of us) only wore the vests. I don't know if that's changed or not. If you are doing the dolphin swim, the water is pretty cold but you get used to it. Same with the stingray pool. I don't remember there being a chlorinated pool though.

Sara

We went this last Sept. If you are going to in the water you need to be wearing either a vest or wetsuit.

Due to the time of year we went - it was hot - vests were all we saw anyone in, except for the dolphin trainers. We choose the vests.

The dolphin lagoon, snorkle and stingray areas are kept cold for the animals. The tropical river is warm...hubby commented it was like bath water after being in the colder lagoons.

The vests I saw were XXL, and XXXL..if that helps... there were about 3/4 of them in each size, so the best bet would be to get there early, and claim your vest...

They were in bins on the beach...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter