Owners locker

We just returned from a split stay yesterday - All-Star Movies for 1 night and then on to BWV. Our Owner's Locker was not transferred from All-Star to Boardwalk with our other luggage. When Bell Services brought our luggage up and it wasn't there, I obviously questioned it. I was then told that there was recently a new policy put in place and that OL's couldn't be moved unless approved by management, which didn't make sense, especially since this was not communicated to me by All-Star at all when I requested the luggage transfer. I was assured they would figure it out and get it to me, which they did. I was called twice and updated about what was going on. It took a little over an hour, but it was delivered. We don't usually do split stays unless absolutely necessary, and this was just an extra night we added on last minute. I'm not sure anyone really even knows what is going on, but it was a little bit of an inconvenience for sure, and they need to get on the same page.

We just returned from a split stay yesterday - All-Star Movies for 1 night and then on to BWV. Our Owner's Locker was not transferred from All-Star to Boardwalk with our other luggage. When Bell Services brought our luggage up and it wasn't there, I obviously questioned it. I was then told that there was recently a new policy put in place and that OL's couldn't be moved unless approved by management, which didn't make sense, especially since this was not communicated to me by All-Star at all when I requested the luggage transfer. I was assured they would figure it out and get it to me, which they did. I was called twice and updated about what was going on. It took a little over an hour, but it was delivered. We don't usually do split stays unless absolutely necessary, and this was just an extra night we added on last minute. I'm not sure anyone really even knows what is going on, but it was a little bit of an inconvenience for sure, and they need to get on the same page.
There was definitely some sort of miscommunication sent out to the resorts a few weeks ago. My guess is it was probably the result of someone trying to skirt the "no perishables" rule by stuffing an Owner's Locker full of stuff from their fridge (but just a guess), then still complaining that it got spilled/defrosted/whatever.

Anyway, they were supposed to have figured it all out by now, but it might not have been cleared up at the budget resorts as they likely don't see as many lockers as the deluxe/DVC locations.

There was definitely some sort of miscommunication sent out to the resorts a few weeks ago. My guess is it was probably the result of someone trying to skirt the "no perishables" rule by stuffing an Owner's Locker full of stuff from their fridge (but just a guess), then still complaining that it got spilled/defrosted/whatever.

Anyway, they were supposed to have figured it all out by now, but it might not have been cleared up at the budget resorts as they likely don't see as many lockers as the deluxe/DVC locations.
Very good point about the budget resorts! We arrived well after midnight (basically just to sleep) and when I inquired about the OL being delivered, no one on duty seemed to know what it even was. Finally a cast member at the front desk suggested it might be in the room, and it was. It had a few things that we definitely needed the next morning, otherwise it would have been so much easier just to send it to BWV to begin with. She also explained that luggage services there were 3rd party and not Disney Cast Members. Not sure if this was just because it was so late, or what, but that surprised me. I've never had the OL delivered anywhere other than a DVC resort and may never again! 😂

FWIW, I had my OL shipped to Sheraton Vistana back in September/October 2022 when we booked that place using the II Getaways. Someone from OL called me the day of arrival to double check if we were staying at Vistana or Vistana Villages and to confirm if we were still heading there (it was the day after Hurricane Ian hit the area).

Not sure if it has been mentioned here (or if it's even correct) but the other day someone said that the bell services people at the budget resorts don't even work for Disney, they are hired through an independent contractor. Perhaps that's part of the confusion? There are plenty of areas where Disney doesn't even do a good job communicating with their CMs, you can imagine how details must get lost in the shuffle with indie employees.

Not sure if it has been mentioned here (or if it's even correct) but the other day someone said that the bell services people at the budget resorts don't even work for Disney, they are hired through an independent contractor. Perhaps that's part of the confusion? There are plenty of areas where Disney doesn't even do a good job communicating with their CMs, you can imagine how details must get lost in the shuffle with indie employees.
It has, two posts up, #44. Valets are not Disney employees, either.

It has, two posts up, #44. Valets are not Disney employees, either.
That may seem redundant to you, but I had a vague recollection of something nearly 18 hours after spotting it!;) Old age: It's pretty awful, but at least you won't remember most of it. :earboy2:

Very good point about the budget resorts! We arrived well after midnight (basically just to sleep) and when I inquired about the OL being delivered, no one on duty seemed to know what it even was. Finally a cast member at the front desk suggested it might be in the room, and it was. It had a few things that we definitely needed the next morning, otherwise it would have been so much easier just to send it to BWV to begin with. She also explained that luggage services there were 3rd party and not Disney Cast Members. Not sure if this was just because it was so late, or what, but that surprised me. I've never had the OL delivered anywhere other than a DVC resort and may never again! 😂
I think that bell services (and valet parking services where available) are outsourced at ALL of the WDW resorts, not just the Value/budget resorts.

I think that bell services (and valet parking services where available) are outsourced at ALL of the WDW resorts, not just the Value/budget resorts.
It was just valet services that were outsourced, and it had to do with liability insurance for operating a guest's vehicle. For Disney to remain adequately insured, they had to carry a policy that covered any cast member who could even potentially operate a guest's motor vehicle while it was on property (which could number in the hundreds of CM's), even just moving a car a few feet to make room for more vehicles, whereas a private third-party vendor could carry it's own policy covering their dedicated (and much smaller) workforce, and in turn indemnify Disney against any damages potentially caused by the valets.

Last edited:
I thought valet parking services are outsourced, but Bell Services people were cast members. (Obviously PP was told that's not the case about Bell Services at All Star Movies.) Several years ago, I had a friend in the Disney College Program and she was assigned to Bell Services at Boardwalk.

I thought valet parking services are outsourced, but Bell Services people were cast members. (Obviously PP was told that's not the case about Bell Services at All Star Movies.) Several years ago, I had a friend in the Disney College Program and she was assigned to Bell Services at Boardwalk.
Bell services at at least the moderates and deluxe are Disney CM's (one of my BFF's husband is a bellman at OKW and has been for over 25 years - at different properties). It was always referred to as "luggage services" at values, they may be outsourced.

Last edited:
Whatever someone mentioned is wrong because bell services employees are part of the union contract that the main Disney WDW company has with the services union at WDW, which expressly includes all Disney resorts including All-Stars (and that has been true since the creation of All-Stars). What is not included is valet services, which was outsourced to an independent contractor beginning October 11, 2009. Before then, DVC members got free valet service (other than tip) because payment for the valet employees was included in annual dues and thus the service could not be separately charged to members. The independent contractor situation took those charges out of the annual dues and thus allowed the outside contractor to charge members for valet service.

Whatever someone mentioned is wrong because bell services employees are part of the union contract that the main Disney WDW company has with the services union at WDW, which expressly includes all Disney resorts including All-Stars (and that has been true since the creation of All-Stars). What is not included is valet services, which was outsourced to an independent contractor beginning October 11, 2009. Before then, DVC members got free valet service (other than tip) because payment for the valet employees was included in annual dues and thus the service could not be separately charged to members. The independent contractor situation took those charges out of the annual dues and thus allowed the outside contractor to charge members for valet service.
Actually, when the first All Star resort opened, the position was Luggage Services, not bell services. It was not originally a tipped position. That was back in the days where luggage was just kind of delivered in batches, not really upon request. It would just show up in your room at some point. Now it may have changed, but back then I remember helping out the front office opening team and it was interesting, especially for guests who were expecting a true bell services experience.

One of the cast members working the front desk most definitely told me that the luggage services there (Movies) were 3rd party (again this was after midnight). This information was offered after she asked if they had attempted to locate my OL by calling Boardwalk or the other AllStar resorts (which they had not, and actually pretty much ignored me after telling me it wasn't there), even though I had confirmation it had been delivered there, I tried to show them and they were disinterested. They also ignored 2 guests who wanted help with their luggage after getting off the Mears Connect bus. Not at all anything like I had experienced from Bell Services at any other resort before. She apologized over and over and went out of her way to help me. I don't believe she would have gave me misinformation about them being 3rd party.

**EDIT** After searching numerous posts, I did find one that supports what I was told - "Is it normal to retrieve your own bags from storage?" and one post in the thread states value resort luggage service employees do not work for Disney. The poster was told this by a Bell Services cast member from SSR that has been there for years.

Last edited:
After reading the whole thread my question is - has anyone had any issue with OLs since the issues last year? We have a split stay planned in Sept going from BCV to SSR so I am just wondering what to expect.

After reading the whole thread my question is - has anyone had any issue with OLs since the issues last year? We have a split stay planned in Sept going from BCV to SSR so I am just wondering what to expect.
What issues? I had a split stay over Christmas starting at Animal Kingdom Kidani and ending at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek and had no issues.

We just did a split stay in March. Grand Floridian to Board Walk. Worked great. Resort side on both. Checked out by 11a and had Locker and luggage by 5p. We took the monorail and spent the afternoon at Epcot with a few bathing suits in a backpack. Was able to check in about 3p at BW and had an afternoon swim. Just make sure you have what you need for during the day. BCV to SSR should be similar.

The alternative is not bad though. We could have gotten a XL Lyft and taken everything with us. Bell services would have helped on both ends. You still need to store it though b/c the room won’t be ready. That would have worked too. Drop the bags a BW bell services and walk over to EP.

If I had to do it again, I’d still let Disney transfer everything.

Owners Locker has been awesome for us. I love have the Disney stuff at the room without having to schlep it all down there every trip.

We have had one split stay since my original post in December. No issues at all - however, it was from Riviera to BWV. I do think there must have been some kind of update to policy that led to the confusion, but it seems it's since been worked out. 🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter