Oxygen on DCL

MeghanNRileysMom

Mouseketeer
Hi all! We're planning a Disney cruise for next year. My mom uses oxygen only while sleeping and we were wondering what our options were onboard. She has a machine at home that she plugs in to the wall that converts room air to oxygen. She does not need it while awake, or to use in portable tanks. Only at night while sleeping. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance!

MeghanNRileysMom said:
Hi all! We're planning a Disney cruise for next year. My mom uses oxygen only while sleeping and we were wondering what our options were onboard. She has a machine at home that she plugs in to the wall that converts room air to oxygen. She does not need it while awake, or to use in portable tanks. Only at night while sleeping. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance!

If you are speaking of a CPAP machine it won't be a problem except for the placement of the machine at night...Be sure to take a really long extension cord so that the machine can be plugged into the available outlet (next to or near the TV in most staterooms) without having to be pulled taut, thereby creating a dangerous "high jump" for anyone trying to get around the room...The "coffee table", although it is weighted so that the roll of the ship doesn't move it, can be moved, and it does raise and lower as well so the machine can sit on it at an appropriate height and placed next to the bed....

My stepdad uses a machine which converts room air to oxygen. He too only uses it at night (or if he has respiratory infection). He has never been on DCL, but I have, and know that the outlets near the bed are limited.

I would call DCL and ask for more information. They may ask you to fill out a medical form, but I found it was mostly to make sure you have a safe and comfortable trip. They seem to make alot of accommodations, but don't like to do it at the last minute.

I loved my DCL trips and hope you do too. :earsboy:

My Mom and I sailed on the Wonder last April with her cpap machine with no problems. If your machine requires distilled water as my Mom's does, make sure you contact DCL. We did bring along a long extension cord because as previously mentioned the best outlet was by the tv. I think we set the machine on the nightstand. We were also in a handicapped stateroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter