Packed & Moved..Disboutiquers Part 6 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cute! I think I have a half finished needle point stocking somewhere from before the kids! I know I started one and never finished it.

I hope your little tomboy lets you make a mickey storybook skirt. I was the same way when I was a kid. I feel so sorry for my mom when I think about the Easter dresses she made for me (no lace! no ruffles! no frills!). She made me a dress every year (even though I didn't deserve it). :worried:

My mom made me an Easter dress every year too! I still have the blue flowered one she made for me when I was four!:goodvibes

Help!!!! I am trying to stuff the elastic into the waist band of Mad's dress is there a trick I am missing?

Seems there are a lot of little ones turning 3 around here. Lauren's birthday is this week but her family party is tomorrow. We are having a joint birthday party with one of her friend's on Friday since they were born 3 days apart and have all the same little friends already.
Happy Birthday to Lauren!

I hope your little tomboy lets you make a mickey storybook skirt. I was the same way when I was a kid. I feel so sorry for my mom when I think about the Easter dresses she made for me (no lace! no ruffles! no frills!). She made me a dress every year (even though I didn't deserve it). :worried:
I let her pick out which 8 pages to use-6 for the skirt and 2 for the top and all the ones she didn't pick have Minnie on them. Poor Minnie! I think she'll like it since she asked for it. I was afraid she'd refused to wear the simply sweet Nemo top I made for her but it was her favorite. I think she's changing!!!

I'm sure your Mom thought you deserved the Easter dresses!:goodvibes

It was so windy here yesterday look what happened! I was actually outside when the limb started snapping and saw it fall good thing we were all the way across the yard!!
DSCF1213.jpg

This is the fabric for my next project- It's "david" inspired. I'm going to make a shirt and skirt.
DSCF1224.jpg

A Baby bird update: Only 2 left in the nest:worried: I hope the fledgings are ok!!
DSCF1211.jpg

And this is ds frog outfit:
DSCF1206.jpg

I didn't applique the shirt yet.
And here is dd:
DSCF1207.jpg
th_DSCF1210.jpg

Unfortunately they will not be wearing them tomorrow, we got a call today that dh's stepsisters grandpa is dying of cancer, and it would be soon so they postponed the grad party. Keep their family in your prayers please.

Now to go back and catch up :surfweb:

ETA: Sorry about the humungo picture I can't seem to get it smaller!! hmmmmm Well I guess I will thumbnail it.

Glad noone was hurt! Those outfits are adorable! You were fast with that skirt!

Prayers for your DH's family.

Okay - here is my best shot at the "bloomers":rotfl:

Thanks for helping me with the measurements!!!
100_0868.jpg

100_0869.jpg

do you think they will work?

Anyone know if any of the doll stuff at AC moore will work for my American Girl doll look a like? I'd like to find a tshirt for her..

Thanks

100_0868.jpg

100_0869.jpg

Anyone know if any of the doll stuff at AC moore will work for my American Girl doll look a like? I'd like to find a tshirt for her..

Thanks
How cute! Bloomers look great!

I'm pretty sure it will BUT...when I tried to find a T for my DD's AG doll I could only find outfits-T & jeans and I didn't like the jeans so I didn't buy it. I don't know if this will help your or not but I have used this website (I bought T's for pal Mickey). http://adollysworld.com/american_girl_doll_clothes.html

I can't believe we're on page six already! I still have to finish the last thread! SLOW DOWN, please!

How cute! Bloomers look great!

I'm pretty sure it will BUT...when I tried to find a T for my DD's AG doll I could only find outfits-T & jeans and I didn't like the jeans so I didn't buy it. I don't know if this will help your or not but I have used this website (I bought T's for pal Mickey). http://adollysworld.com/american_girl_doll_clothes.html

Did you check Joann's? They have a small section of doll stuff for the 18 in dolls. You could also check Michaels. And check the paper tomorrow for coupons! :)

100_0868.jpg

100_0869.jpg

Thanks

I make tees for Morgans dolls all the time. Simplicity has a simple pattern.

Pirate top
I was gonna vote number 3 too!!
:offtopic:
Thursday Morning our cat caught a baby rabbit. It had only minor injuries but it was very young. We searched for the nest but we couldn't find it. We tried feeding it some kitten milk but it died on Thursday night. It's eyes weren't even open yet. Poor little thing. DD was devastated. So DH promised her a pet rabbit.

Thursday night Abby lost her other front tooth. She can be heard singing "All I want for Christmas is my two Front Teeth, My Two Front Teeth. . ."

After the garage sale we drove out to the country and bought DD the little bunny.

Here they are together. She adores the little rabbit. She named him Carrots. He is so soft.
th_IMG_6399.jpg
:sad1: For the baby bunny. Your new pet looks so cute!! Looks like dd :love: it! We have about about a million rabbits around here! I saw 8 in my yard at one time a few weeks ago!
Help!!!! I am trying to stuff the elastic into the waist band of Mad's dress is there a trick I am missing?
I use a big safety pin to thread it through, some people use a bodkin- the tweezer thingy (that's a technical term btw) :rotfl2:
th_100_0868.jpg
th_100_0869.jpg

Thanks
Those look great!! I like to put shorts or bloomers under dds dresses and skirts- she isn't very lady like yet! ;) And she has learned how to remove her diaper :headache: The rest of the outfit is cute too!!

Did you check Joann's? They have a small section of doll stuff for the 18 in dolls. You could also check Michaels. And check the paper tomorrow for coupons! :)

Thanks- do you think if I find one for an 18" doll it would fit the bitty baby as well?

Robin is the one who taught me how to do the digital preview of an outfit. We hang out on TGM together. I'll have to tell her you mentioned her!
Could you please tell her I said hello! We miss her around here! And, ask her if she ever saw the ice cream outfits Heather and I made. :thumbsup2

THIS IS FOR TERESAJOY (AND EVERYBODY!)--I UPDATED MY TRIP REPORT!!!!

:goodvibes

Now, was that so hard???

Cute! I think I have a half finished needle point stocking somewhere from before the kids! I know I started one and never finished it.

I'm sure you DID deserve it!

I have a crossstitch sampler that I started for Corey before he was born, he'll be 16 on Thursday, it's not done yet...

It was so windy here yesterday look what happened! I was actually outside when the limb started snapping and saw it fall good thing we were all the way across the yard!!
th_DSCF1213.jpg

This is the fabric for my next project- It's "david" inspired. I'm going to make a shirt and skirt.
DSCF1224.jpg

A Baby bird update: Only 2 left in the nest:worried: I hope the fledgings are ok!!
DSCF1211.jpg

DSCF1206.jpg

And here is dd:
DSCF1207.jpg
DSCF1210.jpg

Unfortunately they will not be wearing them tomorrow, we got a call today that dh's stepsisters grandpa is dying of cancer, and it would be soon so they postponed the grad party. Keep their family in your prayers please.

ETA: Sorry about the humungo picture I can't seem to get it smaller!! hmmmmm Well I guess I will thumbnail it.

Oh my goodness!! I am so glad no one was hurt!! Do not stand under trees in strong winds!

The outfits look adorable, as do your kids!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about the grandpa.

I see others have helped you out allready, but I thought I'd post a picture of my very favorite bodkin:
bodkin_bd100.jpg
I like this one, because it has the little ball on the end. That makes it easier to hold onto. If the elastic is too big to go through the eye, you just put a pin in the end of this and then pin it to your elastic.

and this one is good for sleeves, since it is shorter (although, I think they might sell the ones like the above one in shorter lengths)
706-ezy%20pull-bodkin.jpg

I've also used any kind of safety pin (diaper pins work nice) barrettes and bobby pins. But, I like the bodkins best, and they are cheap (under $2)

100_0868.jpg

100_0869.jpg

Thanks

That is adorable!!!!! It looks perfect!

I haven't caught up on the thread since this morning because

I UPDATED MY TRIP REPORT!

In this, my 5th installment, we actually make it to one of the parks! :rotfl2:

I haven't caught up on the thread since this morning because

I UPDATED MY TRIP REPORT!

In this, my 5th installment, we actually make it to one of the parks! :rotfl2:

It's trip report madness around here today!!!!!!!!!

And, I just read it, another great update!!! :thumbsup2

Now, everybody go over there and read it so I can post my update!
:moped: (just because I think it's cute too!)

DSCF1213.jpg

DSCF1224.jpg

DSCF1211.jpg

DSCF1206.jpg

And here is dd:
DSCF1207.jpg
th_DSCF1210.jpg

I love those outfits that your kiddos are wearing. They are so bright and summery.

100_0868.jpg

100_0869.jpg

Thanks
First that outfit is too cute. I love how the bloomers came out.
and B CarlaC has a Raglan T-Shirt pattern and it includes a pattern for the dollies.

100_0868.jpg

100_0869.jpg

Thanks

Beyond cute! I totally made bloomers the same way! I love how that turned out! I just bought the pattern on YCMT for the t-shirt dress thinger you made...how easy is it?
LOVE your fabric! cuters!!!:lovestruc

I'm in Duluth (convention at the Gwinnett Center)
We were in Alpharetta yesterday (went to North Point Mall and the American Girl store)
I have a GPS, a credit card, and a will to buy fabric!

I lived in Grayson which isn't too far from there and the only thing that I know of is Joann's which I believe in on Pleasant Hill Rd. I could be wrong. I know the Walmart in Snellville has fabric but nothing unique.

How was the AG store? We haven't been but my mom can't wait to take my d(8) there. We usually hit the one in Chicago when she visits here.

I went out to Joanns yesterday and bought 3 patterns they were on sale for 1.99 each so I figured why not? I also bought some denim fabric with embroidered butterflies on it that my dd picked out so I could try I STRESS try to make her a dress. I also cheated and bought that premade gathered sundress material to make her a sun dress. I figured let me start off slow build confidence and then dive in head 1st! I figured how hard could it e wit the pre made material. Stitch up the back sew some cute ribbon o it and hem it. We shall see.

I just have the hardest time keeping my seems straight. Any suggestions?

I also have to try to put a zipper on for the 1st time so that should be interesting! :worried:

Al the new stuff you guys did was amazing! I am in aw for you guys.

Disneymommieof2. OMG thankfully you all are fine! We have had some storms here the past week and tons of branches have come down. The town actually just took one of our trees down that is right on our property line and I am thrilled they did because it ended up being hallow! They are taking down another one that is in bad shape in front of my house and every time it storms now I am so nervous it is going to come crashing down on our house. It would wipe out our house too!

Tinka-belle I am so sorry your family member. that is awful of course I will keep them in my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter