Packing question for those that have been to Costa Rica

IzzyBella

Earning My Ears
We're getting ready for our trip to Costa Rica in 3 weeks, and the packing list says to bring a pair of long pants or jeans. I know I read in a thread somewhere ladies should bring capris for zip-lining, which makes sense, but what about men? My husband only has jeans and cotton pants/khakis, which I can't imagine will be comfortable in CR in late July. He has long shorts for zip-lining. Do you recall when or why pants/jeans are worn by men? Thanks!

We didn’t wear long pants at all. We both wore shorts to Zipline, and it was fine. The only time we would have wanted pants is if it were cold...and it wasn’t. Have a great trip!

They do sell hiking panTs where The bottom legs part zip on and off for your convienence. They are usually made to dry quickly and I used them when I went to CR. Beautiful country.

We didn’t wear long pants at all. We both wore shorts to Zipline, and it was fine. The only time we would have wanted pants is if it were cold...and it wasn’t. Have a great trip!

Thanks!

They do sell hiking panTs where The bottom legs part zip on and off for your convienence. They are usually made to dry quickly and I used them when I went to CR. Beautiful country.

Thanks! I would gladly buy these if he'd wear them but he insists he won't. Maybe I'll buy some anyway and put them in my suitcase, just in case.

We did this trip in March. I don’t remember any time where you had to have long pants. I think my husband took two pairs (but they were the lightweight, water repellent travel kind). Enjoy the trip! Beautiful country and active trip. The only trouble we had was the severe nausea on a long bus ride when you cross the continental divide (if I remember correctly). The guides warn you ahead of time. Even after taking medication both my sons were nauseous. In retrospect I would consider taking over the counter nausea medicine that does let you get drowsy, so you can sleep through this drive.

Thanks, all! I’m feeling pretty good about our packing now.

The only trouble we had was the severe nausea on a long bus ride when you cross the continental divide (if I remember correctly). The guides warn you ahead of time. Even after taking medication both my sons were nauseous. In retrospect I would consider taking over the counter nausea medicine that does let you get drowsy, so you can sleep through this drive.

I am a little concerned about bus sickness. DH bought a Reliefband on someone’s recommendation, but I’ll also take some OTC meds just in case!

I am a little concerned about bus sickness. DH bought a Reliefband on someone’s recommendation, but I’ll also take some OTC meds just in case!
The OTC meds work best if you take them *before* you get on the bus. (Like at least an hour before, even better would be the night before). Once you start to get queasy, the meds are not as effective. They work much better as a preventive than as a cure.

Sayhello

I’ve been to CR a couple times (for a month each time), but not w a tour. Never wore jeans - like upbeatred mentioned, it’s far too humid for jeans. It was kind of cool in Monteverde (idk if the ABD goes there) early in the morning, and several of the people I was with wore pants. Hiking pants aren’t a bad idea if you’ll be in the rainforest (since there are bugs, etc, you’d rather not come into contact with).

Does anyone know if being paid in full for, but not actually going on, your first ABD qualifies you as a "past guest"? Would love to book early

Does anyone know if being paid in full for, but not actually going on, your first ABD qualifies you as a "past guest"? Would love to book early
I'm pretty certain it's after you've actually been on your first ABD. But it couldn't hurt to ask ABD that.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter