PACKING TIPS-- Post yours here!

I plan on getting a small pump bottle for hairspray and putting some febreeze in it....it would be great to spray jeans if you wanted to wear them another day without having to do laundry, especially if you got caught in the rain that day.

I love this idea!! Thanks!!

I leave in 2 weeks. Is it too soon to start packing?

We have a walk up attic where we store our luggage, so it is easily accessible. I have several Disney t-shirts and 2 DIS t-shirts that stay in the suitcase I use for FL. We never unpack at the resort. I put outfits together in the jumbo ziplocks, with days of the week on them. (I reuse them for every trip). They stay in the suitcase, in the order I will need them.

I did the same....I packed dried fruit, chips, oreos, etc into one full size suitcase....saved alot of money on snacks on the trip and had a whole suitcase for all the stuff we bought......BUT:I was still one suitcase short (needed two suitcase for the things we bought)...BRIGHT SIDE: Gave me an excuse to buy a piece of Disney luggage

I am thinking of packing one small suitcase to check with our snacks and stuff to avoid having to hunt down a grocery store, or tempted to be overly priced things in the gift shops. I am trying to find some tips on what can be packed on checked bags as far as bottled water in the checked bag on the airline. I really don't want to have to buy the bottled water at disney or find a grocery store for it and have a huge deal at my own store on it.

I am thinking of packing one small suitcase to check with our snacks and stuff to avoid having to hunt down a grocery store, or tempted to be overly priced things in the gift shops. I am trying to find some tips on what can be packed on checked bags as far as bottled water in the checked bag on the airline. I really don't want to have to buy the bottled water at disney or find a grocery store for it and have a huge deal at my own store on it.

With the 50-pound weight limit per bag, water would be way too heavy to bring in luggage, IMO. I say either try Staples (apparently they will ship a case of water with no delivery charge) or a grocery store delivery service (like Garden Grocer).

For me, I just bring an empty water bottle and stop at counter service restaurants for a free (large!) cup of ice water. You can refill your bottle with ice-cold water very easily.

I always forget about the free large cup of ice water. I am an ice chomper and need my ice throughout the day. . .

PAMOM:
I would love if you could share your packing list. I'm leaving in less than 30 days and still I feel I'm missing something. :thanks:

With the 50-pound weight limit per bag, water would be way too heavy to bring in luggage, IMO. I say either try Staples (apparently the will ship a case of water with no delivery charge) or a grocery store delivery service (like Garden Grocer).

For me, I just bring an empty water bottle and stop at counter service restaurants for a free (large!) cup of ice water. You can refill your bottle with ice-cold water very easily.

The restaurants have no problem with putting ice in your OWN bottle? I was thinking of that, but thought that with Health Department issues that they might not do that. At least here they put the ice in paper cups and give to you so that your container doesn't contaminate their side..:) I will maybe consider bringing just some large empty water bottles on cords and hang them on the stroller with those stroller hooks...i think you helped me solve my problem. thanks.

The restaurants have no problem with putting ice in your OWN bottle? I was thinking of that, but thought that with Health Department issues that they might not do that. At least here they put the ice in paper cups and give to you so that your container doesn't contaminate their side..:) I will maybe consider bringing just some large empty water bottles on cords and hang them on the stroller with those stroller hooks...i think you helped me solve my problem. thanks.

We had no problem wit the TS restaurants filling our kid's sippy cups with ice and water. I'm sure that they washed them first, but I always made sure I had rinsed them beforehand.

I have also read on the tips board (budget board?) that people have ordered water from Staples and had it sent to their resort ahead of time. I thought about doing this, but we'll just ask for the large ice waters & bring along those gatorade & kool-aid single use tubes to flavor the water. We used them last trip, and it was great.

With the 50-pound weight limit per bag, water would be way too heavy to bring in luggage, IMO. I say either try Staples (apparently the will ship a case of water with no delivery charge) or a grocery store delivery service (like Garden Grocer).

Staples no longer delivers for free for any order under $50. However, people are getting around the issue by either buying small expensive items that they would use anyway (such as memory cards, ink cartridges etc) or paying the small fee to not have to cart the water themselves. I believe I read that 2 cases of water plus shipping was approximatly $22, so still cheaper than a can ride or rental car imho.

They'll give you a cup of ice water, which you have to pour into your own water bottle.

If you buy the cheap toss away rain ponchos from Dollar Tree or any dollar store the 2 for a dollar type clear ones, put them each in a sandwich size baggie to carry around. If it rains you have something to put them back into and it keeps them from unfolding in your bag. I recommend the snap close type sanwich bag but ziplocks would work too.... :sunny:

I treat these ponchos as truly "disposable" and toss them after use. Since I usually travel pretty light in the parks (small across-the-body purse or fanny pack), I can't imagine trying to fold it down again afterward. At about 79-cents each, they really are "disposable."

FYI, I buy mine at Target, in the camping section. They're quite a bit more compact than the ones at Dollar Tree (the 2-for-$1 ones) and can tuck very easily into a fanny pack, cargo shorts pocket, etc. The Dollar Tree ones seem bigger.

I put all toiletries except toothbrushes and small travel-sized toothpaste in luggage. The toothbrushes go in the carry-on. Ziploc bag every toiletry item so they don't spill all over the clothes.

When packing shoes, I pack them around the edges of the suitcase. They act as another cushion for the stuff in the middle, and you won't get dirty shoe prints on your clothes.

The rule of thumb I always follow when travelling: Take half the clothes you think you need and take double the money you think you'll need.

Remember that clothes are easy to wash, you'll probably buy some clothes items on your vacation and the less clothes you carry means more space for souvenirs.

Go neutral on the colors of your clothing, it makes it easier to mix and match.

I LOVE your rule of thumb!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter