Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
40-80 mins would have been great waits pre covid ( for busy season )
I don’t believe early May has ever been considered busy season? This is fine for people who don’t mind spending all day in a few lines but I totally took advantage of fast pass and then wouldn’t ride anything that had a standby line of longer than 20 minutes. It’s not how I want to do my vacation. I would rather have been getting on other rides, shopping, napping, pool time, anything during the hour plus that I spent in line for smugglers run and MMRR. Also, both the new Star Wars rides were total let downs for me and I’m starting to wonder if it is because I was already in a bad mood from the lines.

It amuses me how many people miss the basic issue here. Aside from Magic Kingdom, there isnt enough to do in the parks...or enough that the general population just has to do.

Its the same reason why its generally easier to get a decent 4th fastpass at MK compared to the other parks.

Disney has slacked for years at actually providing a quantity of new experiences to match their attendance growth. Half the time they are providing a new experience its just replacing something old rather than adding to the total attractions.

It amuses me how many people miss the basic issue here. Aside from Magic Kingdom, there isnt enough to do in the parks...or enough that the general population just has to do.

Its the same reason why its generally easier to get a decent 4th fastpass at MK compared to the other parks.

Disney has slacked for years at actually providing a quantity of new experiences to match their attendance growth. Half the time they are providing a new experience its just replacing something old rather than adding to the total attractions.
I never thought about this until you mentioned it but you’re right. I think this is why the parks felt overwhelmingly busy when I was there last week in both epcot and HS. Tons of people trying to do the few things that were open. I really think they need to open everything up before they raise capacity any more.

I never thought about this until you mentioned it but you’re right. I think this is why the parks felt overwhelmingly busy when I was there last week in both epcot and HS. Tons of people trying to do the few things that were open. I really think they need to open everything up before they raise capacity any more.

Every time you close an attraction like Off Kilter...yeah, it wasnt the highlight of peoples trip, but those 50 people then have to go somewhere else.

Modern day Disney doesnt see the value in paying for those ancillary activities as they think you should be eating or shopping when you arent in line. Problem is you can only be eating or shopping so many times, beyond that you are either going to a ride or seeing a show.

I really think they need to open everything up before they raise capacity any more.

That's the camp I'm in as well, but not sure what 'everything' is. I know with the CP CM's coming online in the next month or so, I'd expect to see a quick transition to open more shows/theaters/etc.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think they should do? Did you not think the place would increase capacity beyond 35 percent? That they would leave all the hotel room vacant any longer than they had to? You're staying at a WDW resort, so you know how many there are.

If you think Universal is going to be better, you're simply wrong. They line-skip alternatives are going to run you at least $100 PP, and my experience with them is the line is shorter, but still significant. The world is returning to normal. That means Orlando crowds in the summer. I don't know why you thought it would be different.
The Universal "Express Pass" is now $325 a day. Crazy.

My trip this week was miserable without fast pass. We aren’t going back to the parks until it comes back. Most lines were 40-80 minutes. I don’t want to pay thousands of dollars on park tickets to stand in a line all day and still only end up doing half the rides.
And last week - our trip was heavenly without FP+ - never a line more than 20 minutes stated and 10 actual...so you just never can tell.

On top of the ticket price???

Ugh, I sure hope Disney doesn't go that route. No way we can afford to pay about $600 extra for two for each Disney park.
Yes, on top of the $130 ticket. I wanted to get them because it is only my son and I going; but with tax it was almost $700 for 2 people. The crazy thing is, they are now sold out for our date for the express pass; so people are actually paying it. It found out people even book a night at a premium resort ( and not use it,) just to get the free express pass for their family as it is cheaper! Crazy stuff.

Yes, on top of the $130 ticket. I wanted to get them because it is only my son and I going; but with tax it was almost $700 for 2 people. The crazy thing is, they are now sold out for our date for the express pass; so people are actually paying it. It found out people even book a night at a premium resort ( and not use it,) just to get the free express pass for their family as it is cheaper! Crazy stuff.
You are probably better off getting the deluxe hotel room for a night and getting express that way. Never understood why it’s usually cheap to get express that way.

On top of the ticket price???

Ugh, I sure hope Disney doesn't go that route. No way we can afford to pay about $600 extra for two for each Disney park.
Also, the Universal Express Pass is not as good a product as Disney’s FP. We’ve waited 45 minutes in Express lines on busy days; when I asked about this I was told that EP guarantees 50% of the standby line wait, not the 15-20 minutes max that FP usually takes.

You are probably better off getting the deluxe hotel room for a night and getting express that way. Never understood why it’s usually cheap to get express that way.

Probably because they have you onsite and you'll tend to spend more at the resort?

Because its a 3rd party hotel that has a contract with universal for that perk so they use it to boost occupancy.

The general public isnt going to look into it that deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter