Pal Mickey..In's and out's please

Just got a coupon in the mail for a free days rental! Still have to pay the deposit though. I guess they're trying to get passholders interested. Since it's free I'll now at least try him.

Originally posted by Stitch Inside
Do you buy him new? or has he already been dragged through the parks a few times by renters?
If you buy him, he will be brand new in a box. Not sure about the rental as in what kind of shape they're in.

When you buy him is he ready to go or does it take long to activate?

Where can you buy him in Magic Kingdom and every Disney Resort has him in the gift shop??

When you buy him is he ready to go or does it take long to activate?

We bought ours when we first entered the park (we got ours at MGM, but there are 3 locations in MK that he can be purchased -- they are marked on the map but I do not have it handy).

He does not take long to activate at all. The CM we bought ours from even let DD do the "programming" which involves touching his nose to a little machine and doing something on a touch screen. They will take him out of the box and do everything for you.

DD sleeps with him every night, and is very careful to turn him off before she goes to sleep. She is afraid it will freak her out if she rolls over on him and he starts talking, lol!

You'll love him!

Does anyone know what kind of batteries and how many "pal mickey" uses so I can take a extra set w/me so I won't have to buy more there? Thanks ya'll!!:earsgirl:

What are your opinions of 2 - 34 year olds on their honeymoon buying Pal Mickey. Would 2 adults enjoy him or is he more geared towards children? I'm interested also on what type of batteries he uses. Thanks!

Yikes, $60??? I have two boys (DS4 and DS6). Do I need to buy 2, or will that be like two people talking at the same time????? :(

After all, it's only money. A lot of money.....:rolleyes:

My 9, 7 and 2 year old share a Pal Mickey. Well, my DD7 hasn't put him down since we got him in Dec. She loves that rodent. He goes everywhere but school with her. He has been worth every penny.

Lori

I have two kids and what stopped me buying them on the last trip was the thought of monitoring his usage. Maybe he'll just be mine and I'll share with my DD's.:p

DH and I bought him for our use on our trip in February, and he is coming with us in May, another adults only trip, so no, he isn't just for kids. Pal Mickey has lots of insider info! As far as the batteries go, to tell the truth I didn't look yet, but I used him every day on our trip, and have demonstrated him at home, and he is still going strong on the original batteries.

Originally posted by jacksonsmom
Should I just buy him at Magic Kingdom or do it at the resort?

Should you pay by credit card or by cash... six $10 bills or 12 $5 bills?

Just kidding, but really... take a breath!!!

You can buy him at ANY WDW resort and carry him in, or buy him at MK or AK or EC or DD or FtW camp stores or... you get the idea.
They are all the same price, they are all the same Mickey, and they are EVERYWHERE... you won't have ANY TROUBLE buying a Pal Mickey at WDW.

We love ours and have carried him on two different trips to WDW from here in KC area.
My DW made him a baseball cap and a rain slicker (just like the ones at WDW.)

The EMPORIUM is the big MK store... but there is a "Pal Mickey Store" right across Main Street from it.
Like I said, NO PROBLEM!

Does Pal Mickey interact anywhere besides the 4 parks? DTD? Water Parks? Mini Golf? Resorts????

We're using our passholder free rental vouchers for PM this weekend. We're thinking about buying one, but now I've read that they are coming out with a new, improved version next spring. I'm afraid I'll regret spending the $60 now when the new one comes out (of course, then it will probably be $80 :rolleyes: )
I'm trying to convince DH that since this is the first version of PM, he'll be a collectors' item. ;)

Originally posted by PKS44
Does Pal Mickey interact anywhere besides the 4 parks? DTD? Water Parks? Mini Golf? Resorts????
No, just the 4 parks, tho he does tell jokes and will play games with you (like Simon Says type stuff) at home or away from the parks.

Originally posted by moinab
but now I've read that they are coming out with a new, improved version next spring.
Details please! We were considering buying him but maybe we'll just rent if there's something better in the works.

Are there any more rumors about a character other than Mickey? A pal Tigger?:) I remember reading when Pal Mickey first came out that there could be a Pal Pooh in the works - has anyone heard anything about this recently?

Thanks!

Details please! We were considering buying him but maybe we'll just rent if there's something better in the works.
I don't have time to set up a link to the thread, but look for another thread about dressing up Pal Mickey on this board. It should be on the first or second page of the board. There's a post on the second or third page of the thread with a link to a Pal Mickey club website. That's where I read about a new version.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter