"Pal Mickey"

Dee8197

<font color=indigo>Those blinking rats get me ever
Can anyone tell me if "Pal Mickey" has made it across the Atlantic yet?
When we were at WDW last year he seemed to be very popular, the first visit we avoided him like the plague (in spite of a nagging seven year old ) he was very expensive ! We imagined that he was just a talking Mickey. ( I mean "Pal Mickey - not our son )
On our second visit he seemed even more popular - everyone seemed to have one in tow. Eventually our son made friends with a little boy who's father had one in tow ( men and their toys ) it had been purchase for the little boy -but Dad had taken pocession ! LOL We then became aware that it was not just a talking Mickey it was an interactive Mickey ! He actually told you the history of parts of Main Steet as you walked past various places, time of the parades, where the shortest queue was at that moment in time, and loads of other stuff. He did this at all the parks, MK, MGM, Epcot and Animal Kingdom. We gave in and purchased one for our son - our only regret was that we had left it so long - we spent 4 weeks in total at WDW last year and didn't purchase "Pal Mickey" until late in the 3rd week !!!!
He is activated as you walk through the Disney Entrance so will be activated again when we next go back. If anyone goes to WDW it is a purchase that is worth consideration especially if you have a child/ren in tow. Our son was 7 and it gave him and us ( LOL ) a lot of fun. Its not advisable to drop him though so he may not be suitable for younger children ( I guess that dad could carry him though - any excuse)You can also hire one in the theme park if you want to. Sorry folks ,I have somewhat drifted off the
icon7.gif
the original question here, in order to sing the praises of " Pal Mickey "
Is there a DLP version yet ? I guess that the language issue might be a complication - French or English Mickey ? It would be nice if " Pal Mickey "
icon9.gif
was transatlantic,(activated in WDW & DLP )but I don't think that he is.
PalMickey.jpg

PS Why can I not get the " Smileys" to go where I want them too ?
Dee

Is he planned Raptor do you know? I'd assumed that until DLRP got bigger there wasn't enough "park" to make it worthwhile - it's not like the 47 sq miles of WDW there.

PS Why can I not get the " Smileys" to go where I want them too ?
Dee, give me a shout if you need a hand? Your post looks fine to me though :)

I've never heard anything about a Pal Mickey for DLRP, but it would be a nice idea. Obviously I might look a bit strange carrying one around, but it'd be fun to see other peoples start to tell them things. There's SO much he could tell people about DLP because of all the details, so there would probably be enough material for him not to get repetitive.

I think they're probably not so sure about how popular he'd be with the European audience, and also the languages could be a bit of a problem to get sorted at first.

They could even have him tell you about seasonal events like the Christmas and Halloween seasons... My only worry with Pal Mickey is that it could start talking at an inappropriate time - during a show or in CinéMagique... (they'd have to change the speech there to say "please turn your phones *and* pal mickeys off please" ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter