Paperwork prior to package/bib pick up

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I'll be participating in the dark side marathon - This will be my first rundisney event so I am just looking for info on how the bib pick up process works. I plan on getting to the Expo early on Thursday, simply because i am there for a conference so i don't want to miss out on too much. I recall seeing something about a waiver or other paper work -- is this something lengthy or just a simple sign on the line? I didn't know if it is something that could or should be filled out ahead of time to save some time.

It's just a sign on the line. You can print it out before you go and sign it or they have printers there to use to print it out.

Remember your ID! Both for the pickup and for any tasty adult beverages you might wish to partake in during the expo.

While they can print out the waiver while you're at the Expo, be advised that there may be a very long line to print it out at the Expo. I would use printing it out at the Expo as a backup plan in case you forget to bring your waiver to the Expo.

Thanks for asking this question. We too will be doing our first Run Disney event and I remember reading something about the waiver forms.
Where do I find these, again? Is there a direct link?

Thanks

Thanks for asking this question. We too will be doing our first Run Disney event and I remember reading something about the waiver forms.
Where do I find these, again? Is there a direct link?

To quote the rD web site,

Waivers
  • Waivers will be provided on line approximately two weeks before the race.
  • You must have your signed waiver and a Photo ID with you to pick up your race packet.
  • A parent or legal guardian must complete and sign the waiver for any participant under 18 years old. No exceptions will be made.

I just happened to go on rundisney last night to see if the event guide was up -- I'm guessing that would include the waiver. Nothing yet but i see that FFIGawi noted it will be up two weeks prior. I certainly plan on having the waiver all set -- no patients to stand in line for a printer.

FWIW, I almost never remember to print my waiver, and I haven't encountered lines at DL or WDW. Plus, if I'm heading for merchandise I go there FIRST, so a line at the waivers doesn't cause me problems.

I just happened to go on rundisney last night to see if the event guide was up -- I'm guessing that would include the waiver. Nothing yet but i see that FFIGawi noted it will be up two weeks prior. I certainly plan on having the waiver all set -- no patients to stand in line for a printer.

If I remember correctly, the event guide will come out first (3ish weeks prior) and then waivers/corrals will probably come out a week (2ish weeks prior).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter