Parade viewing spots?

carouselDL

Earning My Ears
It's been a long time since I tried to watch a parade! I was thinking near the Alice restrooms or somewhere by Small World, but does anyone have any favorite spots? How early do I need to line up to get, like, a mediocre view (standing is fine)?

It's been a long time since I tried to watch a parade! I was thinking near the Alice restrooms or somewhere by Small World, but does anyone have any favorite spots? How early do I need to line up to get, like, a mediocre view (standing is fine)?
We've watched from that area a number of times:

Standing in front of small world.
Standing just outside the Small World store.
Lining the street between Small World and Matterhorn.
On raised area with stairs that is sometimes used for character meet and greets. This was nice, because we sat on the stairs.

These spots were easy to get 30 minutes or so before the parade. Of course the earlier you go the better spot you'll get.

The two spots marked on the map below are the best spots I know. But which you choose depends on which way the parade is going…

If it is coming FROM Fantasyland? Then stand at the blue arrow… (bottom of the picture.)

If it is coming from Main Street going TO Fantasyland, then you want to be at the purple star (at the hub)

Both locations you should aim for about 45 minutes before the parade if you want to be right on the curb.

IMG_0019.jpeg

The two spots marked on the map below are the best spots I know. But which you choose depends on which way the parade is going…

If it is coming FROM Fantasyland? Then stand at the blue arrow… (bottom of the picture.)

If it is coming from Main Street going TO Fantasyland, then you want to be at the purple star (at the hub)

Both locations you should aim for about 45 minutes before the parade if you want to be right on the curb.

View attachment 836172
I had an amazing experience watching the Christmas parade from that purple star in January (last day of holiday season).

1708697486831.jpeg

We've watched from that area a number of times:

Standing in front of small world.
Standing just outside the Small World store.
Lining the street between Small World and Matterhorn.
On raised area with stairs that is sometimes used for character meet and greets. This was nice, because we sat on the stairs.

These spots were easy to get 30 minutes or so before the parade. Of course the earlier you go the better spot you'll get.
Dumb question...if the parade is ending at Small World, would you still advise getting there 30 minutes before the parade begins? (How long does the parade take to get from one end to the other, anyway???)

I like watching from Small World :)
What time to get there really depends on the parade. But normally I've had luck getting there 20 min before on the 2nd parade and getting a good view.

Dumb question...if the parade is ending at Small World, would you still advise getting there 30 minutes before the parade begins? (How long does the parade take to get from one end to the other, anyway???)
Good question! Once you know the parade has started on Main street, head over to Small World. If it's the nighttime parade you can stay in that area to watch the fireworks, too. Another bonus-Small World is usually a walk-on afterwards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter