Paris

amjokai

Earning My Ears
I'm getting mixed research online about if there is a dvc resort at Disneyland paris.... I'm really confused as there are point charts, but don't give the different kind of rooms on it. I also read that there is no dvc resort at Disney land paris, that it is a marriot.

Has anyone been there and can you explain the accommodations and how to get reservations? Do I just go through member services?

No, there is not a DVC resort at Disneyland Paris.
They evaluated the project at the beginning, but then decided against it. The lot where they were thinking about building it was later sold to Marriot that build a lovely timeshare resort there.

The points charts you can find are related to the Disney Collection, ie points Exchange for hotel rooms around the world. However it you look at them closely, you'll notice that they are awful. For example, in the value season the Sequoia lodge is 25/44 points per night + 95$ one time fee. Sequoia is a moderate hotel. 44 points are enough for 3-4 nights in value season in DVC resorts.
I'm going in September this year and I got a package for 3 people, including tickets, breakfast, dinner and snack for 350€ (around 420$) per night.

If you recently bought resale you cannot book the Disney Collection.

I'm getting mixed research online about if there is a dvc resort at Disneyland paris.... I'm really confused as there are point charts, but don't give the different kind of rooms on it. I also read that there is no dvc resort at Disney land paris, that it is a marriot.

Has anyone been there and can you explain the accommodations and how to get reservations? Do I just go through member services?
Since Marriott is with II, you can't exchange there directly but you might be able to do so privately or through one of the independent exchange companies.

I'm with Zavandor - the point charts to exchange into a hotel property at DLP are ridiculous for what you get. If you go to the DLP website you can sign up to receive emails on their advertised specials which are much like the deals they offer here and you can book a package on cash that includes park tix for much less than what you would spend with points. I still get emails from them from where we went in 2011. In fact I got an email yesterday that included a winter deal, a Christmas deal AND a deal for next year. They were all "book by Oct. 15". For next year it was called the "super early booking offer" and it was for "2 nights / 2 days free at summer 2014 prices" and was good from April - Nov. 2015. IMHO that would be your better deal vs using points.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter