• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. - Corey Click Here

Park Explorer's Kit

It is perfect the way it is. One of mine has the same name. :)

Thank you so much.

I am so glad there are others like me out there. My Mom is on my case because she says I have spent more money and time on things for the kids before, during and after the trip that they want have anything to look forward to at the parks.

Seeing your items has given me a few more ideas. Only three months left so I have a lot more to get done. Can't wait though! This will be my son's second trip (he was only 3 months old the first time and remembers nothing) and we are celebrating his 7th birthday. We don't plan to go back until he is 14 so I'm going all out to make sure he remembers this trip and has the time of his life.

Thanks for sharing your pictures and ideas. You did a wonderful job and I'm sure your son is going to love every part of his trip.

Not so much help as "Mummy, can you put big dinosaur in the case", "mum, dad says I need to give you my clothes but can't you get them" "mum, I want to wear that now":headache: So I pack but not without little noses poking in;)

Your gifts are awesome! Would love to do these for DS 6 for our November trip. Don't know how I would be able to make it fair, though. Also have DS 12 (he might like some of the stuff)and DS 16. Maybe just give them gift cards? Oh well, lots of time to think. Curious about the field guides. Have you peeked through them? What age do they seem appropriate for?

Where did you make/get the notes (from the desk of mickey, etc)??? I would love to make some of them for my kids!

Where did you make/get the notes (from the desk of mickey, etc)??? I would love to make some of them for my kids!

The notes and tags all came from the Creative DISigners forum below. Wonderful DISigners make and share all of these items. :wizard: Check out the stickies at the top of that forum.

Most of the DISigners will even customize them for you or make a design to your specifications. I found everything i needed and then personalized it. Most of them i personalized in Word. A few I edited in Photoshop.

I have the "from the desk of mickey" note in my 4shared file in the link in my signature with all of the things that I made for a "Mickey's Grand Welcome". I have a ton of things from gift tags, to welcome letters, candy wrappers, welcome signs and "Grand Welcome" items from the Fab 5, the Princess, Tinkerbell and Chip and Dale.

You can also find additional ideas on this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342599&highlight=footprint

Thanks, Dolly. I haven't had a chance to post all the links. But I couldn't have done it without all your great posts and instructions.

These extra things are going to make our trip that much more special. I'm getting so excited. :goodvibes

How lucky your son is to have such a thoughtful Mom! I want to do a lot of these same ideas for my kids and am super excited to see how others "execute" these idea. Great job and I hope you have a fabulous trip!

The first package from Mickey was delivered today (right before the snowstorm). Made for some nice entertainment on a day we're all snowed in at home. Of course, now we're all ready to leave.

A package also came for DSis from the BBB. I'll post those pics shortly. I couldn't post them before because she reads these boards. ;)

These are great! We usually do Tinkerbell gifts, but I may try something like this next trip. Thanks for sharing.

Wow, these are amazing, you must be so pleased how they turned out.

To anyone who says that its a waste of time, overboard or that kids won't have anything left to enjoy when they get there - errrrr, have you been to WDW!?

Thanks for sharing your ideas, I've really been inspired.

How did I miss this thread--I must have been in Disney World when you posted.

Great Job Hon!

Big Hugs Mel

I have the "from the desk of mickey" note in my 4shared file in the link in my signature with all of the things that I made for a "Mickey's Grand Welcome". I have a ton of things from gift tags, to welcome letters, candy wrappers, welcome signs and "Grand Welcome" items from the Fab 5, the Princess, Tinkerbell and Chip and Dale.

You can also find additional ideas on this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342599&highlight=footprint

Dolly- you're stuff is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! I'm amazed. I will definitely be using some for an upcoming trip (not sure which one yet, lol).

In addition to the gifts for my son and the Princess goodies for DSis I also had presents for DH. He knew about all the others and was totally not expecting anything. So after our first day was a little rough (we left home with no power and just ahead of a blizzard), I surpised him with is first present -- Transformer Mickey.

DH is a huge Transformers fan and he knew about this item, but when he last looked they were only available in Japan. Luckily I found it on Amazon along with Transformer Donald that he got later in the week.

When DS got his AK basket, DH also got his childhood favorite -- Piglet.

5391085767_78cc9a6c2e_m.jpg

A little something for everyone. Of course, while I was doing all this, DSis was putting together goodies for me too. In truth, we probably overdid it (the presents alone took up two small suitcases) but with the trip so close to Christmas it was fun to spread the presents out. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter