Park Hopping Limit Going away!

I think they are still going to have G+ limitations. No park hopping limit but you still can’t book for a second park until after a certain time. It may not be a free for all.

I think they are still going to have G+ limitations. No park hopping limit but you still can’t book for a second park until after a certain time. It may not be a free for all.
Guess we'll see, but I don't think so. The '2-hr' rule will control the free for all a bit. But who knows - tough to predict Disney right now...... The current time constraint on G+/LL in another park is just another confusion point that hopefully goes away.

While they're at it, why not also give guests the option to buy unlimited iLL, instead of 2 per day.
That would be the definition of unfair. ILL has to have a limited number, limiting folks to only two means more people can have that option. Disney still sells the same number of ILL but also keeps more guests happy.

Honestly with this news it should be just like DAS. After your first one you can not book another except for the park you are in. Must have scanned to book a time. Scanning is a commitment to utilize the time you got. With free for all hopping folks will not worry as much if they miss a time they can book the next day.

This might trying to get ILL or VP for Tron and Gaurdians a nightmare though
I think for sure it will impact VQ as well as Genie+. ILL might stay about the same as long as the system at the moment doesn't change.

I'm not sure it'll have a big impact on ILL, but I'm wondering again if they decide to shift Guardians to standby at that point.
Honestly that falls in "be careful what you ask for" category. I would be fine if they do that, plenty of room by Guardians and TRON to add an outdoor queue. I'll just keep buying ILL, especially for Guardians. Personally don't think TRON is even the best coaster in MK.

Honestly that falls in "be careful what you ask for" category. I would be fine if they do that, plenty of room by Guardians and TRON to add an outdoor queue. I'll just keep buying ILL, especially for Guardians. Personally don't think TRON is even the best coaster in MK.
FWIW I think I prefer VQ for Guardians, there's a very good chance we end up with FoP/Rise waits on standby. I say that as someone who will probably wait on that line anyway and still get the ILL.

They already added added an outdoor queue for Guardians, not sure it'll be enough though.

I noticed the price increases but those always happen so it's good see the ph limits being released. It even makes it a little less painful for APs who have to make park reservations if we can hop earlier. Just scan into a park and hop out of it. I did notice they were going to have more "free" reservation days for APs but I think that might only benefit the locals who can do those last minute trips. Those of us who have to plan a tad (not much mind you, my idea of planning is making a resort reservation and currently a park reservation) might not benefit. If you are booking your trip say 6 months out, they probably aren't going to have those free days showing yet so you will still have to make a park reservation. It's a slight pain but I've learned how to work around it anyway and with PH opening up, it will be easier. Unless, they decide that AP's still can't hop until x time.

FWIW I think I prefer VQ for Guardians, there's a very good chance we end up with FoP/Rise waits on standby. I say that as someone who will probably wait on that line anyway and still get the ILL.

They already added added an outdoor queue for Guardians, not sure it'll be enough though.
When we were there in June and July they had people outside but only queued in a temporary rope/pole system. If they drop VQ I can see them building permanent queues. But every person is line is a person not spending money outside the line so VQ works for Disney. It would actually be an easier to drop VQ to TRON.

I've been waiting for them to drop the PH limitation for a while now. I was a Pixie Dust AP holder last held in 2019 and it worked perfectly for me. I think it's time to renew come January.

Last trip I would do both to ride twice lol. Loved that ride

Will AP holders staying on property still need to make park reservation after January 9th?

Didn’t they announce G+ changes would be coming a few months ago?

I think those changes will be coming soon to coincide with this park hopping restriction being dropped.
I believe the change was just charging separate prices for each park and park hopping.

Where's the chatter about the price hikes for APs? I can't seem to find a thread on that. Are we so numb to price increases that this is just another Wednesday?

Well, for most guests, it doesn't appear that they got rid of the reservations...
Most guests use date-based tickets… starting Jan. 9th no park reservations are needed for date-based tickets. Or did I misunderstand what you are saying?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter