Park Hopping President's Weekend

DisPhanatic

Mouseketeer
My son and I are travelling next week - 5 nights CBR and 4 park days (2 DHS, 1 MK, 1 AK). We did not purchase park hoppers but I am wondering if that is a mistake. I've hopped every other visit to WDW but I was worried with park reservations, shorter hours, and no fast passes.

For those who have park hopped with park reservations, has it worked well? How has evening park availability been? Have you tried to hop and been denied admission? Would visiting during a holiday weekend change your perspective? Our park days are Thurs 2/11 - Sun 2/14.

If we choose to hop while we are there, can we add the park hopper option at any time? Where can we go to do this?

Thanks for the info - I am second guessing my choices.

You can add PH anytime during your stay, so long as you have valid days left on the ticket. Guest Services will be able to help you out at any of the parks. I think you might even be able to do it at the concierge desk at your resort if you're staying on property? Someone else might be able to confirm that.

From what I've read on the "Here Now and Just Back" thread, people are having zero issues with being able to hop to another park. All three seem to be available since PH started on January 1st. Who knows if the President's Day crowds will change that, however.

The cost of adding PH to your tickets is all or nothing deal. It will be the same no matter when you choose add it, so if you decide to add it on your very last park day it will cost you the exact same amount that it would have been if you chose to add it on your very first park day. If you realize you want to PH, it's best to add it close to the beginning of your stay rather than the end.

We hopped Epcot to Studios on New Year's Day about 1.5 hours prior to park closing. Only had time for 2 rides (Midway Mania and Runaway Railway), but it was pretty dead and we had no problem getting in.

Thanks so much! I just saw they extended hours for the second time so now there is more time to hop so I may do it. I appreciate the wisdom.

Same here, going that week, my wife is a teacher so we are stuck to these dates. I wasn't going to add PH but now that they extended the hours I am definitely leaning towards it. This might be the last trip we take to DW for awhile and want to take advantage of every minute.

Same here, going that week, my wife is a teacher so we are stuck to these dates. I wasn't going to add PH but now that they extended the hours I am definitely leaning towards it. This might be the last trip we take to DW for awhile and want to take advantage of every minute.

Same here, wife is a teacher so we can only come during her "breaks". We check in on Feb 14-21. This is the first time I haven't selected the PH option. We are just going to relax and chill at one park a day.

Same here, wife is a teacher so we can only come during her "breaks". We check in on Feb 14-21. This is the first time I haven't selected the PH option. We are just going to relax and chill at one park a day.

It seems like many of us are in the same boat. I also worry about impacts to my dining plans if I switch to hopping. Well, I have a week to figure it out :sunny:

DHS reservations are now full for 13-15 Feb. It’s going to be a busy weekend. I had planned for us to be able to PH to DHS on the 13th from AK. Looks like that probably won’t be happening. We do have reservations for DHS on the 12th. But I wanted those extra hours on the 13th. The hours for DHS that weekend are terrible; way too short.

DHS reservations are now full for 13-15 Feb. It’s going to be a busy weekend. I had planned for us to be able to PH to DHS on the 13th from AK. Looks like that probably won’t be happening. We do have reservations for DHS on the 12th. But I wanted those extra hours on the 13th. The hours for DHS that weekend are terrible; way too short.
I wouldn't assume you won't be able to hop. There hasn't yet been a time where anyone has reported not getting into their second park after 2pm....my guess has always been DHS is a popular reserved park so people can try for Rise boarding groups, not so much a park they hop to later. My bet is you'll be fine.

I wouldn't assume you won't be able to hop. There hasn't yet been a time where anyone has reported not getting into their second park after 2pm....my guess has always been DHS is a popular reserved park so people can try for Rise boarding groups, not so much a park they hop to later. My bet is you'll be fine.
Does Disney track park capacity during the day in order to determine if hoppers can enter?
Also, unrelated to hopping but you mentioned it; do you have to have a DHS reservation to try for a boarding pass at 7am?

Does Disney track park capacity during the day in order to determine if hoppers can enter?
Also, unrelated to hopping but you mentioned it; do you have to have a DHS reservation to try for a boarding pass at 7am?
Yes, they track capacity and there's a phone number you can call (can't find it right now) to see if you can get into the park at 2pm. There's not been a single report since hopping began of any park being full in the afternoon and not letting hoppers in....so that's promising.

Yes, you have to have a DHS reservation for that day for everyone in your party who wants to ride Rise, or it won't let you finish the process.

Yes, they track capacity and there's a phone number you can call (can't find it right now) to see if you can get into the park at 2pm. There's not been a single report since hopping began of any park being full in the afternoon and not letting hoppers in....so that's promising.

Yes, you have to have a DHS reservation for that day for everyone in your party who wants to ride Rise, or it won't let you finish the process.
So conceivably people are reserving DHS, and if they don’t get a boarding pass they cancel DHS and go to another park. Yes?

So conceivably people are reserving DHS, and if they don’t get a boarding pass they cancel DHS and go to another park. Yes?
Yes. Like last weekend, I had two DHS days in case I didn't get Rise on the first day. I did, so I changed my 2nd park day - but you can change it for same day (if availability exists) and I'm sure many do this as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter