Park Reservation system - what would you change?

Shellyred8

I'd rather be at Disney
I think the park reservation system was thrown together as quickly as possible with bare-bones functionality. This initially served it's purpose, but as time goes on and they have said they are going to keep it, I think they need to make some updates to it.

Here are some things I've thought about and heard others mention as well:
1. Add some sort of nightly batch sweep process that looks for people that have cancelled their Disney package (hotel and tix situation only!) and cancel their park reservations. Or maybe do this at the same time the package is cancelled.
2. If someone is an AP holder and has a resort reservation, and the reservation system is full for the Resort bucket, the system should look to see if the person is an AP holder and automatically switch it to the AP bucket.
3. Allow me to Change my reservation to another park that has availability instead of making me cancel and re-book.
4. As capacity increases, allow AP holders to reserve more than 3 days. I think they need to have some sort of a limit though.
5. Give some sort of priority to on-site guests. I'm not sure what this should look like, but they've taken away so many of the on-site benefits that this might be an inexpensive benefit to implement.

What are some other thoughts you have about how to make it better, given that it will probably be sticking around for awhile?

I agree with your thoughts, especialy on automatically looking to see if an on-sit guest has an AP and being able to change without cancelling and re-booking.

I think it would make more sense to put all pass holders in one system with a limited number of holders allowed per day.
Then in the other system, do all ticket purchasers. Ticket purchase makes a reservation automatically. Obviously, you'd have to pick automatically day for which park. Eliminate park hopping till covid stuff is over. You know what the park capacity is, make that number of tickets available. Maybe go 60% tickets 40% season pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter