• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Vue Inn vs. Alpine Inn

Buckimion

Purple Heart Park Commando
Working on plans for our June trip. Had booked 3 nights at Park Vue Inn ($65/night) but now need 4th night and they want nearly $100 extra for the 1 night. If I cancel and rebook the whole thing at the Alpine Inn I can save an extra $10/night. ($55) Booking just for the 1 night is almost as bad as PVI. Wife is really looking forward to PVI due to its location and decor. Is it worth changing? Reviews seem equal for both.

Or are there any other budget suggestions? (NOT Jolly Roger - Had room theft there 3 years ago. Story/trip report: www.wowway.com/~kitsune )

Don't know anything of Angel Inn but Park Vue is nothing more than a one night stay (rock hard beds is one complaint I have).
pirate:

Alpine is no better, but at least Park Vue is a short walk to the parks, Alpine requires a pretty long walk around the block to get to it...even though it is on the same side of the street as DL, it actually is a much longer walk to the entrance than the walk from Park Vue...If it's worth it to you, consider that you will need to add 20 minutes each way to travel to and from the Alpine to the park...

barbarabee said:
Alpine is no better, but at least Park Vue is a short walk to the parks, Alpine requires a pretty long walk around the block to get to it...even though it is on the same side of the street as DL, it actually is a much longer walk to the entrance than the walk from Park Vue...If it's worth it to you, consider that you will need to add 20 minutes each way to travel to and from the Alpine to the park...

I was wondering if it was still possible to catch one of the trams from the remanant of the parking lot. Some of the reviews I read mention this, but they predate the TT expansion and I don't know if that bit of parking lot is now gone.

I went ahead and changed hotels after the wifey gave the ok. :love2: The couple of extra blocks don't bother us and she liked the decor of the Alpine even better than the PVI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter