Parkhopper/room key left on top of fastpass machine

Phrank40

Mouseketeer
Early in the use of fastpass machines I got three fastpasses at Splash Mountain, them hurried across MK to to meet family at Cosmic Rays or whatever that restaurant is. We ate lunch, then I got out Parkhoppers/room keys and fastpasses and realized I only had two parkhoppers, I had left one on top of fastpass machine. We worked out problem. Just wondering if anyone else ever left parkhopper or park pass on fastpass machine? Every time I see those machines I think they should make the top of them really sloped so you can't put anything on top of them.

Phrank

I've never left anything in the machines at either DLRor WDW (I'm careful about those things), but at WDW at Space Mountain someone had left their room key in one of the machines. I handed it to the cm.

I left a pass at Buzz Lightyear in the fastpass machine.

The very nice man behind me actually came after me and gave it t me!

Thanks, nice stranger!!!!!!!!!

Julia

Last August, I found a fanny pack/backpack on top of a penny press machine (I think!) in Splash mountain. I gave it to a cm, and hoped the person could retrace their steps to find it.

Yes, Phrank40, I just did the same thing on Tuesday :blush: . I was running to Mission Space to get fast passes while the rest of the family went to Journey to Imagination. So I was in a hurry, gathered the FPs, and realized later that night that I only had 3, not 4, UPHs. I'm sure I left it at MS. There was no one behind me at the FP and no CM, so I'm sure I forgot it there. We were going to Typhoon Lagoon the next day (our last), so I went to the Disney desk at the Swan where I had purchased the passes. Fortunately, they were able to swipe one of my passes and tell which one was missing and that it hadn't been used since. They could cancel the missing one and issue me a replacement! They said if I had purchased it from any other broker they would not have been able to do that.

I was behind someone who left their ticket in the FP and gave it to them before they ran off. It must happen a lot because of the system.

Yes, I lost mine in or around the Fastpass machine, which is my only beef with the system. Before, I only had to take the park ticket in and out of the fannypack once, but now several times a day. If it is a UHP/room key, the CM's at the hotel can easily disengage it and reissue you a new one. Your out of luck with regular park hoppers, unless you carry a photocopy of your tickets.

That happened to us last year... DH went to get FastPasses for something, and we later discovered that he had only 2 UPH/room keys instead of 3. We can only assume he left it in the machine... Luckily, we were able to talk to a CM at ASSp that evening and have them cancel that one and re-issue a new one. We were also lucky that it was our son's card and therefor did not have charging privileges (sp?) on it.

We've both been a lot more careful since then to make sure we have all 3 before we go anywhere!

It is surprising when I walk up to a FP machine and there are already FPs laying in the output holder. :confused:
If someone is walking away, I point it out. But almost every time no one is leaving as we are walking up to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter