Parkhopper's First Pin Party in 2002

Parkhopper

Disney Collector
Hi Everyone!

After a quick search I think that my previous post announcing this meet is gone. So, I will replace it with a new one!

Parkhopper's First Pin Party of 2002 will be on Saturday February 9th in Rockville Maryland at my usual meet place. I am busily getting things ready for this meet and have already heard from far away travelers from the North, South, And West (actually NorthWest) of here that are planning to make the journey. We will have fun, chat, and even trade some pins (I already have trades lined up)! Details will be made available as soon as I receive word from the event planners (you know how they can be). I am sure that we can work in some Limited Edition Pin Bingo if there is anyone interested in playing.....

Oh Boy! I'll try and request off when I go in this week-end and then WE ARE THERE!!

Kathi

OK, so we only live about 15 miles away, but still......we are so there!:D

Matthew and I will have to pass on this one. It's the weekend before my biggest holiday at work and I'm going to have to be there. :(

You guys have fun!

Well, I have good news and bad news...and they're both the *same* thing!
Heheheheh...anyway, we will be getting back from a *WDW* trip!!!! the previous weekend & I'll probably *still* be unpacking. Plus, my DD has a Brownie field trip planned that Saturday.

I haven't been on the boards much lately...well, have *any* of us?! So glad that everything is up and running again! There were a lot of folks who posted over on rec.arts.disney.parks(a Usenet newsgoup) wondering if anyone else was able to get on.

Anyway, I'm going' to Disney World! And I got a great rate at the Polynesian. CRO called & offered me Yacht Club, BC, AKL or The Polynesian for $110 *including* taxes!!! Yes, you read that right...I *still* can hardly believe it. And we got a great rate on an Emerald Aisle(National Car Rental) for a little over $20 a day, before taxes(ack! Those nasty Florida taxes/surcharges...ack! ack!). This trip is turning out to be the trip of a lifetime. *And* we have finally bit the bullet and gotten APs....yay!

We leave on Jan 25, come back on Feb 3...anybody else down there at the same time? I know that there is a regular pin meet on Saturday nights at The Poly (in the back of the Great Ceremonial house's lobby?)....I think I can make that at least once while we're there :). And that there is a POM being released early February...any other pin news I should be aware of?

Thanks,
agnes!
{going off to do the happy pin dance :) } :bounce:

PS - I forgot to mention that I had been booked into Coronado Springs when CRO called. (I've seen it posted elsewhere that "Lotusphere", the big IBM? convention, is coming in to WDW at the end of this month. Maybe Disney needed more rooms at the moderates...) And that I was able to get all the discounts that I am entitled to by using MouserSavers.Com . (How else do you think I ended up getting $70+ in discounts off of my National/Emerald Aisle car?)

Yippee!!!! Of course I'll be there!!! But in case everyone didn't see the previous post, I think you all should know the only reason I'm really interested in going is for the Meatballs! I mean I like pins just as much as anybody, but it's the meatballs that are really the driving force behind me always begging Vince for a meet. He thinks it's pins, but, no really, it's his meatballs--promise--you really need to come and try the meatballs.

Gosh, Vince, now I've got you committed to making meatballs.....................................................

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

To coin a phrase...

I gotta work :(

But maybe Mom will go :D

Starting to hear from a few more people now. I am really sorry that you have to work Jonie and Laurie! But if you get off work and decide you want to come up we will probably still be trading! That's the way it usually is when Steve (Zayne & Xavier's Dad) goes to a meet. As long as there is Pepsi the meet can keep going!

<center><font color=red>IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER</CENTER></FONT COLOR>

The message below is in no way meant to disparage the meatballs of Vince Gredone aka Parkhopper. This response is merely a statement of fact, completely independent of the superior quality and reputation of Parkhopper's meatballs.

<center><font color=red>End of Disclaimer</center></color>

<h3><font color=blue>Ruthie . . .

No one on this planet believes you are "really coming for the meatballs."</color>
<center>:eek: :bounce: :D :bounce: :rolleyes: :bounce: ;) :bounce: :bounce: :jester: :bounce: </center></h3>

Sorry, it usually takes me a while to get the details together, but I am thinking of starting the meet around 2pm.

I made my plane reservations tonight!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Can't beat $80 r/t including tax!!!! Could not drive for that.

See ya all soon

Debbie

Wait a second...Steve is coming to this meet? And Debbie too? I get off work at 5pm...it's about a 4 hour drive...I could be there by 9pm....

The things we do for pin meets!! :D

I see now........I have to bring in special guests from far away places for Jonie to come to one of my meets.

You chose almost the only day I can come in February!!!!!

Ruthie! I will vouch for the fact that you do come for more than the meatballs! And I will bring a great potato casserole Parkhopper plus a couple of other things to munch on!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again and the new faces!

Epcot Kilter Debbie is coming!!!! Yeah, I get to meet my "first trade"

And Pinsaver Kathie is coming!!

And People I don't know are coming!!!

Oh, boy are we going to have fun!! And we are going to have meatballs!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I CAN MAKE IT!!!! I CAN MAKE IT!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I can't stay late because I'm leaving very early in the morning for a business trip but I will be stopping by.

Ruthie, Suzi, & Robyn....I have something special for each of you for helping me in the past with getting pins. I'm glad I can deliver personally.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!

Not sure if hubby is coming or not yet.

Well, got to go. I started a on-line college course and I have a 700-1000 word paper due about every other day...no kidding!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter