Parking at DLR

mAlien13

Down with Disney
Okay, we've picked a hotel to stay at that is probably to far to walk to and from. My DH says he will drop the rest of us off at the entrance and then go park at hotel and jog back to meet us. While I'm impressed with his intent, it seems like it might be a bit far to do that, so I am hoping to plan an alternative, just in case. ;)

So, can anyonw explain how the parking situation works at DL? Do you just park and then walk from the lot to the entrance? If so, how far is that? Is the lot open early enough for you to be in line before opening?

thanks. :goodvibes

in the parking lot there are trams that take you to and from the park you will see them once you get in the lot...they drive you to where all the other buses, shuttles etc drop and pick up...you walk through the cones up to the security tent and go past the tickets booths and your basically right outside the area between DCA and DL...personally I dont have a hectic time parking in the lot :confused3

We've got a rental car, and I believe we get free parking with our stay at the DLH. Ummm... Where do we park? Is there a parking lot specifically for the hotel? Thanks!

Alex2kMommy said:
We've got a rental car, and I believe we get free parking with our stay at the DLH. Ummm... Where do we park? Is there a parking lot specifically for the hotel? Thanks!

I believe that the hotels have their own guest parking lots separate from the resort parking lots.

As far as parking in the garage, it can be a little bit of a walk to the shuttle depending where you are parked. It's never been a hassle for us. There's also a smaller lot adjacent to DCA between it and Harbor. Can't remember for sure, but I think it costs around $10 for a car to park.

Are there always taxis around the disney area? Im concerned if I need to catch a quick cab somewhere which I will have to do, as the shuttles arnt going as far as I need them too.

There's the Timon Parking Lot which is the one Captjackson mentioned. It costs the same to park there ($10) but IMO is easier to get to and from the parks from. If you park in the Mickey & Freinds Parking Structure, you have to walk from your car to the side of the structure (can be a bit of a walk if you're one of the last to park on a packed level) where you take an escelator to the trams. The M&F tram stops in DTD whereas the Timon tram stops where the buses, cabs and the ART stops out front. You can't choose where you park though. We were lucky and only had to park in the M&F structure twice during our 3 weeks there. Otheriwse we were in Timon or Pinochio (which has no tram - you have to walk to the parks through virtually all of DTD - it's cool though).

What hotel are you staying at? Some of the hotels are quite a bit away from the Resort so your DH jogging to and from to pick you guys up will tire him out for the long day ahead. Depending on how far you are away of course.

mystic_path: You can pick up a taxi from where the Timon tram stops. It's the area you'll come to first if you walk into the Resort. All kinds of transportation stops there. ;)

I know where the parking lots are for the GHC and PPH but am not 100% on the DLH. I THINK(??) it's behind (next to - in between the DLH and ESPN) the ESPN zone? That kind of area? Because the further left you go, you go into the GCH lot. Whereever it is, it certainyl won't be that long of a walk to the parks therefore you can just leave the car there and use it on nonDisney days. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter