Parking at MK resort restaurants

mickeyfanz

Mouseketeer
We are staying off-site our 1st week down and have PS at some of the MK resort area restaurants. If we have a PS, do we have to pay for entrance into the MK area parking?

You might as well pay when you go in...you can't stay in the parking lot. You get a pass that allows you enough time to eat...so you will have to go and park anyway, it will save you time if you pay when you enter.

Have fun!

MickeyFanz:
I'm not sure I am reading you question correctly. If you go to ANY resort for a PS and park THERE, you don't need to pay to park. They will give you a 3 hour pass. If you're talking about parking at the TTC and taking the monorail to the resort then to MK, yes you will need to pay parking.

What I was trying to say is:

If I am staying off-site and want to eat at Ohana at the Poly or Whispering Canyon at WL, do I need to pay to get through the parking gates of MK? I am not going to the park - I just want to make sure I don't have to go through the main gate to get to the resorts to eat.

Okay, that's what I thought you were saying. When heading into the MK area, you will pass through like a toll booth. Just tell the CM that you are having dinner at one of the resorts and he will give you a parking pass, I believe it's for 3 hours. He will also direct you to the resort. You will not have to pay. You will be parking in the resort parking lot, not the MK one. Hope that answers your question. ;)

We just got back from Disney and had reservations for Chef Mickey's on a Saturday night and were staying off-site. We told the person at the parking entrance to the Magic Kingdom that we had reservations for Chef Mickey's and he let us in. We also had to stop at the security entrance to the Contemporary Resort and tell them the same thing. No problems. We weren't given any 3 hour parking passes, and after dinner walked over to the Magic Kingdom to spend a few hours in the park.

Thanks, everyone! I have eaten at these places several times but have always been on-site so never noticed what others were doing since we usually have free parking anyway.

MrsMud - I'll see you down there soon!!! :Pinkbounc

did not see anyone mention this, when getting to the Parking Toll plaza, go through the right most one, as the road to the MK resorts is off to the right immediately after the parking plaza.

otherwise you have to go around the MK/TTC parking lot and back out past the parking plaza and back through. trust me it is not fun. ;) My first time through I didn't know this and had to circle and then I came back around near the exit and the gas station, saw the sign for the MK/TTC parking and thought that would get me to where I could get to the road for the resorts, BUT NO!!! :) so I had to go all way around the parking and back again, then go past the MK parking plaza and then there is a U-turn to go back to the MK and took that and got to the right (next to the one Buses go through.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter