Parking at Parks etc.

cmjaffe

Mouseketeer
I'm sure that this has been asked before but I'm a newbie here...
will there be a problem having a NY Handicap permit w/Florida (rental) plates? We probably will be using WDW transport for the parks except MGM since the buses get you closer to entrance. Also, at GF is there ample handicap parking or should we just valet park (for a fee I assume) when we go to character meal.
TIA
Carolyn

There is no problem using an out of state placard at Disney as they also accept the european one in Orlando. At MGM the handicapped parking is very close to the entrance.

I know that resort guests with a placard can get complimentary valet parking but I do not know if this extends to temporary visitors hopefully someone else will be able to answer soon that knows the answer.

Sue

Most resorts (even outside of WDW) will give free valet parking to people with a state issued handicapped parking permit. That's usually because they have limited handicapped parking and if you will permit them to valet park your car, it leaves more handicapped parking spots available. Since you have a character meal scheduled at the resort, you would have no trouble parking. The valet CMs do accept tips though, and it's especially nice to offer one if the CM does extra things - like some people report the CM helped them lift an ecv into the trunk, etc.

Florida will honor the handicapped parking permit issued by your home state (just agreeing with the other Sue).

cmjaffe said:
I'm sure that this has been asked before but I'm a newbie here...
will there be a problem having a NY Handicap permit w/Florida (rental) plates? We probably will be using WDW transport for the parks except MGM since the buses get you closer to entrance. Also, at GF is there ample handicap parking or should we just valet park (for a fee I assume) when we go to character meal.
TIA
Carolyn

The buses drop you off in the same lot that the handicapped parking is in at MGM. so the walking/rolling distence would be the same. So why not take the bus there also?

We used our Minnesota placard with the Florida rental car and there were no problems. I believe the placards are honored in every state, regardless of the state of origin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter