Parking near Legoland and Seaworld

moomoo

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if there is anywhere within walking distance to park (for free) by either of these theme parks? Or any street parking? I don't really want to pay $12 per day just to park the car.

Thanks!

For Legoland, I really don't think so. It's kind of isolated, and to get there you drive down a long, winding road, nothing else around.

For SeaWorld, there is a state park down the road (but we're talking like a mile or so), and you'd be walking along a BUSY highway, not worth saving $12 in my opinion. A friend of mine has parked across the street at a fishing supply store, but that was just for an hour to come meet us for lunch - I'm sure you'd be towed if you parked there all day.

Another San Diego local. Yes, there are a couple of places to park near Sea World, which is located within Mission Bay Park. You'll see them if you look at the aerial photos on Google Maps. The two closest are at boat launch ramps - these are huge parking lots (but don't park in a boat trailer space, $$$$ parking fine).

Still, I would never consider doing so myself unless I owned a beater car. Car smash and grabs are unfortunately common at the boat launch lots. You should do better at one of the nearby beach / picnic area lots, but only if you will be there during daylight hours only.

There's some limited streetside parking near Legoland. It's on Armada Drive, which connects Palomar Airport Rd to Canon Rd. It's probably 3/4 mile from the park entrance. LL does have a dropoff/pickup zone, so with a willing driver, you can get dropped off and someone else can hoof it.

Myself, I park and we go out to the car for a break and lunch.

I'm not sure when you're coming, but when it comes to Legoland I've decided that later is better than earlier during vacation times. Daycamps show up at opening, but leave 2-3 and waits go down drastically.

I'm with PAL_1 - I would not attempt to park outside Sea World and then walk - even the closest off-site parking is going to mean at least a 15-20 minute walk to your car and at the end of a long day on your feet that's usually the last thing that most people want to do!!!

Thanks! I guess we'll pay for parking then, I had a feeling there probably wouldn't be anywhere safe to park nearby but thought I might as well ask anyway :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter