Parking/Shuttles at Detroit Metro

TerriP

<font color=deeppink>"Slow 100 Post" Winner<br><fo
Does anyone here have any advice on parking or using shuttles at Detroit Metro? We are not sure if we will use Spirit or Northwest, but we are wondering if either terminal has better/worse parking. Also wondering if there is reliable off site parking that has shuttle service.

I've done the "Park and Fly" package at a nearby airport before and that worked well, but we don't really need to stay the night this time and I don't want to pay $100 for a Park and Fly package just to get decent parking! :eek: ;)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!:D

Northwest has a whole new terminal so there is separate airport parking for the Northwest terminal. There are a few park and shuttle places around the airport which are usually four or five dollars cheaper per day. We had used one called Park N' Go a couple of years ago but usually try to get dropped off at the airport now. You may want to contact the airport administration to see what is available now with the new terminal.

This link has more parking info:
http://www.conlintravelhub.com/dtw-parking.html

Gretchen

I have the same question. I found an excellent airfare out of Detroit on Spirit Air, so it is worth driving down from East Lansing. I'm hoping my husband will chauffer my DD and me, but just in case -- where to park?

I did a google search and found some coupons for off-site parking (Thrifty?), but I've no clue on their reputation, etc.

We just used NWA long term parking (economy lot) It was $8.00 a day. If you use it park on the 6th floor, the connector to the main facility is there. There are people movers to get you to the connector. This would be if you flew NWA.

In the past we have used Park and Jet behind the Ramada Inn across the freeway from the airport. It seems like 3 years ago it was $60.00 for 8 nights. We had no problems other than the pile of snow on the car. Fast polite pick up and delivery.

We pay our 22-year old son $50.00 to take us and pick us up. It's faster and cheaper than parking and he can use the money (college student)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter