Parking with a dining reservation?

java

<font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B
We have a Steakhouse reservation(staying offsite) I know I can park at the contemporary with a dining reservation, but will we be able to resort hop from there? We want to try Trader Sam’s. Wondering if there is a time limit on parking with a dining reservation.

There is a theoretical time limit on parking for dinner reservations and could be subject to being towed. I've never actually heard of it happening though. It used to be you could valet park (for $$) and stay all day. we've done that (confirmed with the valet) at the Contemporary when they used to serve brunch.

Lots of older threads discuss parking and what some people have actually seen taking place. Disney has gotten wise to those who try to 'game' the parking charges for the 4 amusement parks by parking for free at one of the nearby resorts and then walking to the park. If you have an ADR, you are still not permitted to park there all day while visiting one of the parks. Those lots would fill up with park visitors if Disney didn't put restrictions on it, leaving no room for those actually staying there. During peak times (and resorts within walking distance to a park), I would imagine they are also more strict about allowing non-guests to park there.

yes you are fine to resort hop. Disney doesn't tow cars. It is bad for business. They dont drive around and look for plates of cars who have been there longer than 3 hours. It just doesn't happen.

We had dinner at Ca Grill the other night. We arrived two hours early, got on the monorail and had drinks and checked out the shops at the Grand Floridian. This was in the height of spring break crowds. If there is an actual rule or policy, it wasn’t enforced that evening. They did confirm we had a reservation though. We do this all the time, with an ADR we’ve never had an issue

As PP noted, the "official" statement is 3 hours, but once you are parked, nobody will know. As long as you have a reservation at Contemporary, after eating, I would have no concerns resort hopping and leave when ready.

I would note the parking situation and go from there. Did you have to drive around a bit to find a decent spot or were there plenty available? Parking at the Contemporary can be at a premium depending on the time of year. If I were staying there (and paying those $$$) and returning from the parks with my aching feet or sleeping children and had difficulty finding a spot, I would feel really defeated. If everyone who drives to a reservation stays parked well-past their time (and I’d venture that it happens quite often - we did it when we lived there, but there were no written time constraints then), that’s several spots hotel guests can’t use. Valet is always an option, and then you would have zero time constraints.

When we went to California Grill over presidents Day (so insane crowds) the person did not even verify we had a reservation and just waved us through to park (it was at about 730 so we were only parking for our meal). We had our Magic Bands out ready to go and when we said we had a reservation he just said “enjoy” and that was it. We also drove to Wilderness Lodge and asked if we could park to eat at Geyser Point (which doesn’t even take reservations) and the guard said “no problem” We were there for 2 hours. So it is very inconsistent

We have a Steakhouse reservation(staying offsite) I know I can park at the contemporary with a dining reservation, but will we be able to resort hop from there? We want to try Trader Sam’s. Wondering if there is a time limit on parking with a dining reservation.
We asked the Contemporary security guard if we could take the monorail to other resorts after our dinner at Cali Grill and then go to TOTW Lounge for a late drink. He said “you’ll be fine.” A lot depends on when you go and whether the guards have discretion to allow it at that time.

Update we asked the guard and she said sure just park on the right. So we were able to eat lunch and then hop over to trader Sam’s- so very fun. And our car didn’t get towed.

Update we asked the guard and she said sure just park on the right. So we were able to eat lunch and then hop over to trader Sam’s- so very fun. And our car didn’t get towed.
Not sure why so many people get so upset over this issue. Glad it worked out as expected.

I have never not been able to park at my resort when staying there. I have never been ticketed or towed when visiting for longer then 3 hours.

I agree, never park at a resort just to go to the park and avoid paying. But if you have legitimate business at a resort like shopping or eating, it is silly to then move your car togo elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter