Part of the Ship, Part of the Crew: A CBR Christmas Adventure for 2 plus 2-New 1-9!

Can't wait to read your review of Raglan Road -- it looks like a fun place to eat!

I am going to need four MK rides. :laughing: They would be HM, the teacups, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and Splash Mountain. :thumbsup2
I am SO excited to try it! The food sounds really tasty too and I'm amazed at how large their entree menu is!

I think I felt the fury from Jen from not including Haunted Mansion in my top 3 :rotfl: but I know HM is definitely top 5! Great choices!

You will love Raglan Road. I think I am going to switch one of my ADR's and take Denny and Nick there. I think they will love it - the food, the entertainment, the dancing girl ;)

Great first day planned. I am flying out of BWI this trip, too. I actually like that airport so much better than the Philly airport. It's a longer drive, but I don't mind when the flights end up being cheaper from BWI.
BWI is about 25 mins from my parents house so it's always first choice for us. The last few years we've been flying out of Norfolk due to us living in Virginia, and I tell ya, Norfolk is so peaceful compared to the chaos of BWI! But we scored tickets for $94 each way so you can't beat that!

I'm interested in hearing what your ADR's are for your trip! What do you normally get at Raglan Road?

Day 1 Update

I don't know how I could have forgotten this!

After dinner at Raglan Road, we are planning on heading over to Rainforest Cafe and having drinks at the bar. Blake and I have done this just about every year we've gone to Disney. It's a good, "we're here" kind of end to the first night, sitting back and watching the fishtanks. He always gets the Green Python to drink
and me the Strawberry Daquiri but made with Coconut Rum. Tasty like a strawberry pina colada!

Then, we are going to the Hess across the street like we do on most years and buying our case of water and 6 packs of our favorite drinks. We have found this to be awesome. The night before, we stick some water in our ice bucket, with ice of course and they are nice and cold for the park morning. That way, it's only $4.99 for a 24 pack instead of the $2.09 a bottle they hit you with in the park. We'll bring 2 a piece and it saves on many a snack credits or OOP cost! :thumbsup2

Next, we may go into the Christmas shop and get our tradition Disney ornament and then back onto the bus and settle into our room for the night!

Great plans. I had the scallops at Raglan Road when I went with Jen in January and they were so yummy! So yummy that I now make their version at home with the mint pea puree. YUM!

My top three would be....Haunted Mansion, Pirates and Philharmagic.

Great plans. I had the scallops at Raglan Road when I went with Jen in January and they were so yummy! So yummy that I now make their version at home with the mint pea puree. YUM!

My top three would be....Haunted Mansion, Pirates and Philharmagic.
Mmm..I remember seeing your scallops with bright green sauce! I have to think long and hard about this entree decision! So many yummy choices!

I love Philharmagic!!

I'm interested in hearing what your ADR's are for your trip! What do you normally get at Raglan Road?

Right now my ressies are

12/15 lunch at LTT and dinner at La Hacienda
12/16 lunch at Sci Fi and dinner at the Cali Grille
12/17 lunch at Yak & Yeti and dinner at the Grand Flo Cafe
12/18 lunch at Rose & Crown and dinner at Artist Point

However, I was going to do the DxDP for two nights and spread it over three. I was going to drop either sci fi, grand flo, or R&C to make it work. 12/15 meals were going to be OOP.

Now DVC can no longer get a dining plan for part of the stay so it looks like I am going to drop Sci Fi, Grand Flo, R&C, and AP. I was going to replace AP with Raglan road. I have to keep LTT because I love their lunch menu. I am not going to purchase any type of dining plan. I was going to get a TIW card instead.

I am leaving late on the 19th but I didn't schedule any ADRs that day. I think two ADRs a day is really a bit too much for us anyway. It just takes too much time.

As far as Raglan Rd food - I am going to go with either their amazing hamburger or whatever it was that Cynthia got last trip. It was some baked pastry with yummy sheperd pie type goodness inside. I got fish last time. RR is not the place for fish. It wasn't bad, just not a seafood place.

Right now my ressies are

12/15 lunch at LTT and dinner at La Hacienda
12/16 lunch at Sci Fi and dinner at the Cali Grille
12/17 lunch at Yak & Yeti and dinner at the Grand Flo Cafe
12/18 lunch at Rose & Crown and dinner at Artist Point

However, I was going to do the DxDP for two nights and spread it over three. I was going to drop either sci fi, grand flo, or R&C to make it work. 12/15 meals were going to be OOP.

Now DVC can no longer get a dining plan for part of the stay so it looks like I am going to drop Sci Fi, Grand Flo, R&C, and AP. I was going to replace AP with Raglan road. I have to keep LTT because I love their lunch menu. I am not going to purchase any type of dining plan. I was going to get a TIW card instead.

I am leaving late on the 19th but I didn't schedule any ADRs that day. I think two ADRs a day is really a bit too much for us anyway. It just takes too much time.

As far as Raglan Rd food - I am going to go with either their amazing hamburger or whatever it was that Cynthia got last trip. It was some baked pastry with yummy sheperd pie type goodness inside. I got fish last time. RR is not the place for fish. It wasn't bad, just not a seafood place.
Oh geeze, so complicated!! :rotfl: I wish we had the chance to bring all our favorite ressies on the go! It's so hard trying to fit all the table service meals in sometimes, especially when you're on a limited time schedule! I was trying to match up our parks with the ADR's you gave me, but since it's changing, and it looks like you're hopping too?

We're at MK the 15th, AK the 16th and MK again the 17th. Will definitely give more details later! :thumbsup2

Monday December 12th-Day 2 Plans

Ok, Day 2. We plan on heading to Epcot this day!

First, a delicious breakfast at CBR. I plan on getting my Mickey waffle with oh so tasty hot strawberry topping and Blake will probably get his Bounty platter with all the above on it. Stu will probably get the same thing and knowing my mom, she'll just get coffee and something sweet. She's not a big breakfast eater.

I want to get to Epcot at a reasonable time. We're going to do:

Test Track
Stu will probably do Mission Space
Spaceship Earth
The Cool Club
The Land
The Seas with Nemo
Look around the Aquarium..I mean come on, we're both Aquatic Biologists! (Although I end up analyzing the coral and fish tanks more than anything else, but I can't help it!)

At this point, since we're in the area, we have a 12:10 reservation at Coral Reef!!

296596_746615030758_42707539_36131959_1599736016_n.jpg

I can't find my pictures at the moment from when we went in 2009, so I'm borrowing one.

Coral Reef. Oh how I wish I had a fantastic meal in 2009. I know I shared this story before, but here goes again. So we paid OOP for this meal. I decided to get the steak in 2009 and it was SO horribly salty that I could barely eat any of it. I really really should have sent it back, but I felt bad because everyone else was enjoying their meals so much and I was the one that picked the restaurant because Blake and his family asked me to and it was our only TS meal of the trip. We were REALLY on a budget back then. So, I didn't even want dessert and I ended up being incredibly hungry after the meal and was just disappointed overall.

But, Blake really loved their lobster bisque soup, and of course we both loved the atmosphere, it is in our nature after all. Blake was also disappointed that I couldn't snag a reservation last year. So, when I found one in August, I jumped on it. And decided that we're going to just split appetizers and maybe a dessert or 2 and pay OOP for it.

Then, it's time to hit World Showcase!
Mexico
Japan
China
Morocco
France
Italty

Then we're rounding the corner and heading over to the Boardwalk and Beach Club to show Stu and my mom the chocolate carousel, maybe the Wyland gallery, and get some ice cream at Beaches and Cream and sit by the water. This has been a favorite of our the past few years and it's where Blake proposed to me last December! So now it's really a favorite of ours.

We'll head back around and probably do Sunshine Seasons for dinner. I want to get out of Epcot before Illuminations because we plan on going to Epcot later in the week and I don't want to wear ourselves out with an entire park day right off the bat.

Question: What's your favorite Epcot ride?
Mine is probably a close tie between the Land and Spaceship Earth..the love the smell of the Disney water in the Land and just the storytelling and lots to look at in both rides. :wizard:

Awesome that you got such a great time for your Coral Reef reservation! I hope you get a great meal this time.

Question: What's your favorite Epcot ride?
Mine is probably a close tie between the Land and Spaceship Earth..the love the smell of the Disney water in the Land and just the storytelling and lots to look at in both rides. :wizard:

Honestly, my favorite Epcot ride is Gran Fiesta Tour. I know it sounds crazy - but I still love it the most, even when you put it up against Soarin', Test Track, Mission Space. My second favorite (if you think Gran Fiesta doesn't count) is Spaceship Earth. I'm old skool. :)

I loved the lobster bisque at Coral Reef, I wasn't as impressed with my entree but a lot of their appetizers sound really yummy.

I have a tie for my favorite ride too....Spaceship Earth and Soarin. I just love both of them and never get sick of riding either.

I don't see United Kingdom on that list...hmmm?? Are you skipping my favorite World Showcase pavilion??

Awesome that you got such a great time for your Coral Reef reservation! I hope you get a great meal this time.

Honestly, my favorite Epcot ride is Gran Fiesta Tour. I know it sounds crazy - but I still love it the most, even when you put it up against Soarin', Test Track, Mission Space. My second favorite (if you think Gran Fiesta doesn't count) is Spaceship Earth. I'm old skool. :)
I hope we get a good meal too! I really liked their appetizer sampler last time we went, although quite pricey. Soarin' scares me to death..I tried it last year and it felt like being on a plane to me (which freaks me out), I do love Test Track..but Spaceship Earth is just great. So glad you like the old school too! :thumbsup2

I loved the lobster bisque at Coral Reef, I wasn't as impressed with my entree but a lot of their appetizers sound really yummy.

I have a tie for my favorite ride too....Spaceship Earth and Soarin. I just love both of them and never get sick of riding either.

I don't see United Kingdom on that list...hmmm?? Are you skipping my favorite World Showcase pavilion??

I must admit, we have never hung out at the UK very much, although I do love their fish and chips..BUT, we have an Epcot night planned later in the week, so I'll just have to add it to the list then! :thumbsup2

I was trying to match up our parks with the ADR's you gave me, but since it's changing, and it looks like you're hopping too?

We're at MK the 15th, AK the 16th and MK again the 17th. Will definitely give more details later! :thumbsup2

Right now I am hopping and sticking with the same parks which will be:

MK in the morning of the 15th / Epcot at night
HS on the 16th
AK/ then MK on the 17th. So - we do overlap. I'm just dropping ADRs, not really changing parks. Less food means more park time!

My fav Epcot ride is soarin, but I do love Spaceship Earth. I love the smell and the scenery. I experience such a sense of anticipation on the ride. :goodvibes I also love living with the land and I have been trying to get Denny to take the "seeds" tour forever, but he's not interested. This makes NO sense to me because he loves gardening! :confused3

Right now I am hopping and sticking with the same parks which will be:

MK in the morning of the 15th / Epcot at night
HS on the 16th
AK/ then MK on the 17th. So - we do overlap. I'm just dropping ADRs, not really changing parks. Less food means more park time!

My fav Epcot ride is soarin, but I do love Spaceship Earth. I love the smell and the scenery. I experience such a sense of anticipation on the ride. :goodvibes I also love living with the land and I have been trying to get Denny to take the "seeds" tour forever, but he's not interested. This makes NO sense to me because he loves gardening! :confused3
Oh how awesome! So looks like we'll be meeting up in MK!! :thumbsup2

I love the smell of Spaceship Earth too! It's certain rides, you get that Disney smell. It's so hard to describe, but totally agree with you. I want to do the seeds tour too! And it's not that expensive either, I think it's like $15 before your AP or AAA discount? I think it'd be awesome! I've always been so amazed at the Land!:wizard:

Hmmm...never have tried Coral Reef, maybe I should go there sometime! I'll see how your reviews go and then make a mental note!! I too love the aquariums but never spend enough time in there!!!

My favorite EPCOT ride has to be Soarin followed very closely by SpaceShip Earth..the smell of Rome burning gets to me EVERY single time!! LOVE IT!!!!

Sounds like some great plans!!! Can't wait!!

Hmmm...never have tried Coral Reef, maybe I should go there sometime! I'll see how your reviews go and then make a mental note!! I too love the aquariums but never spend enough time in there!!!

My favorite EPCOT ride has to be Soarin followed very closely by SpaceShip Earth..the smell of Rome burning gets to me EVERY single time!! LOVE IT!!!!

Sounds like some great plans!!! Can't wait!!

Aw thanks Jen! You really should spend more time in the aquariums...there's lots of rooms upstairs and down with coral tanks, eels, manatees, rays, dolphins, plus the big aquarium, it's awesome!!

Ah spaceship earth, how I love thee and thy smells :lovestruc:rotfl2:

Joining in here, read your last trip report and loved it!! I like all the little things you point out in the parks, some I have missed. Our family leaves the day after Thanksgiving, and I can't wait! There is nothing that puts me more in the spirit than a trip to Disney.

Joining in here, read your last trip report and loved it!! I like all the little things you point out in the parks, some I have missed. Our family leaves the day after Thanksgiving, and I can't wait! There is nothing that puts me more in the spirit than a trip to Disney.

Aw thanks for joining in!! Have you ever been during this time of year?! Blake and I can NEVER imagine not going to Disney during the holidays. It is so magical and the decorations just blow me away every time.

Let me know if there's anything I can help with, I am glad to always point out new things, as I am to learn new ones myself!! :thumbsup2

Tuesday-December 13th

Day 3 Update!

We are at 38 days people!!!

So after having drinks the night before at Rainforest and what I hope will be a great dinner at Raglan Road, we will get heading to Hollywood Studios. I'm oldschool, so it will ALWAYS be MGM to me!

We'll be having a small snack breakfast at the resort, OR grabbing, for the first time, a delicious cupcake breakfast at Starring Rolls. Any opinions?! I've seen some great ones here!

We'll ride:
The Great Movie Ride
The Little Mermaid
Toy Story Mania (or at least grab fastpasses, you know how it goes)

Then we have an 11:25am lunch at Sci-Fi!!
n42707539_31575231_7408.jpg

Obviously Blake and I have eaten here before. I know I've mentioned why we're eating here, but let me refresh. Blake and I love the atmosphere here. 1) Last year, we tried 50's Prime Time for the first time and vowed that although it was good, Sci-Fi is definitely more US. 2) This is the only restaurant, besides Tokyo Hibachi that my mom and I ever had reservations when we went to Disney when I was younger, before the whole dining plan and needing ADR's, etc. So, I knew it'd be cool for her to remember something familiar 3) Stu has never been here before and he loves movies

So I thought it will be great! We'll be using 1 TS credit here. At first I was going back and forth and decided to instead pay OOP for another meal we're going to later in the week and treat this one as a TS meal.

Next, we'll probably be watching the Lights Motor Action, we've skipped it the last 2 years, we it'll be time to see it again. Mom has never seen it. Then, I'd like to do Animation Studio for the first time, Backlot Tour, Beauty and the Beast show (LOVE this one), probably grab fastpasses for Stu and Blake for Rock and Rollercoaster.

By that time, we have a 5:20 reservation at Hollywood Brown Derby!!
189952_641171515408_42707539_35253942_8055073_n.jpg

O.M.G. We have to thank the lovely Lady Lallie for this one. Ms LL recommended her beloved Brown Derby to me on our last trip and we LOVED it! I'm hoping that they update their menu, since it's still seasonal right now with menus from July, because both Blake and I decided we want EXACTLY what I ordered last year.

This beauty..right here:
189717_641171460518_42707539_35253939_7337578_n.jpg

The filet with white truffle mashed potatoes, mushrooms and red wine reduction

And this for dessert:
189064_641171480478_42707539_35253940_6083414_n.jpg

MMMM triple chocolate and raspberry chambord deliciousness!!

The dessert is currently on allears, but the filet is slightly modified right now, so cross your fingers that it changes!!

By this point, it will be time to go to the ever impressive Osbourne Family Lights. This blows me away every single year. It is amazing. Fantastic. Outstanding. Breathtaking. And all those other descriptive words you can manage.

I'm still not sure about Fantasmic or not. We'll see. I've only seen it once. So we'll see how the plans go. Also, Blake and Stu will probably go use their fastpasses for RNRC.

With that, I shall leave you with some Osbourne Lights, as it should be the last thing on my mind before getting back on the bus to CBR and into my bed for the night.

283083_711761417678_42707539_35761120_8083307_n.jpg

269485_711761437638_42707539_35761121_8299933_n.jpg

282588_711761522468_42707539_35761126_2681187_n.jpg

285099_711761597318_42707539_35761127_6550141_n.jpg

Question: What your favorite ride at DHS?
I would say, although I LOVE Toy Story Mania, I would probably say the Great Movie Ride. I know it's old, I know it needs revamping, but I still love it. It has that Disney feel.

OOOH I'm so jealous... I so want to see the Osbourne Lights...think you could bring some back for me LOL!!!

Hmmm...you dining choices sound fabulous! I didn't have the best service the last time I went to SciFi but after a few trips I think it might be time to try again!!

Favorite ride at DHS...I'm going to have to agree with you I love Great Movie Ride!! I have to ride it every single trip, just wouldn't be DHS without it!! And while I do love me some TSM, I'm starting to love Star Tours more, the new ride is fantabulous!!!

OOOH I'm so jealous... I so want to see the Osbourne Lights...think you could bring some back for me LOL!!!

Hmmm...you dining choices sound fabulous! I didn't have the best service the last time I went to SciFi but after a few trips I think it might be time to try again!!

Favorite ride at DHS...I'm going to have to agree with you I love Great Movie Ride!! I have to ride it every single trip, just wouldn't be DHS without it!! And while I do love me some TSM, I'm starting to love Star Tours more, the new ride is fantabulous!!!
:rotfl:I think they'd notice if I brought back some of the Osbourne Lights!!

Star Tours..I used to get on it all the time when I was younger, and I LOVE Star Wars, especially Return of the Jedi, but I don't know, as I got older, I can't take those enclosed spaces anymore. Last time I got on it, I freaked out before they closed the door and I made them unlatch my seat belt and off I went with Blake staring at me, like "what the heck just happened?"
I would love to see the new ride though!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter