Parties of 9 (7 adults and 2 kids)

knebkagnau

Mouseketeer
Are there some restaurants that accommodate larger parties better than others or is anything over a party of 6 they say you may have to split up? I would prefer our group stay together but if that is not a choice then so be it. Just curious, thanks.

Biergarten has tables for 8. If you asked they may be able to squeeze in a 9th person at the table. Hoop-Dee-Doo can also have tables for larger parties.

we had a grand gathering of 9 lst year and were sat together every place we dined. ..chef Mickeys (1 round table) CRT 1 long booth one side chairs otherside table. 1900 Park Fare 1 long table. holly wood and vine 1 long table, ohanas 1 long table Akershus 1 long table crystal palace 1 round table, Lecelleir they put tables together 1 long table this place is small and we were tight for that many people, all other nights we seperated for dinner. They really try to accomadate you if possible.

We have done two larger trips, one with a party of 11 and one with a party of 16. Between those 2 vacations, the only places where we have been split have been at Sci Fi and at Coral Reef. At these two places, we were split but at tables/booths/cars/whatever next to one another.

10 of us went a year ago christmas and I was pretty dissappointed with reservations about this in fact. The problem is this. They make a reservation for 10 but don't tell you that you won't be seated at the same table and yet you automatically pay the 18 percent gratuity nevertheless because you are a party of +. I always tip and that really wasn't an issue until our service sucked at the buffet places!!
Where we couldn't sit together.....Crystal Palace...tables only seat 5 they are round. Our waiter was terrible.
Coral Reef, they do not do large groups well.
1900 Park fare....they do have long tables with benches and so it's really like you are sitting with everyone at the long table and not just your group, the buffet there was mediocre and the waitress was terrible and we didn't get seated until 45 minutes past our time!
Then we had to pay the gratuity regardless because we were 6+

Sci Fi they are cars and they only seat a max of 6 in a car.

If we go back as a group I would make separate reservations for groups of no more than 5 at a time. Service has definitely changed since they changed the tipping policy.

10 of us went a year ago christmas and I was pretty dissappointed with reservations about this in fact. The problem is this. They make a reservation for 10 but don't tell you that you won't be seated at the same table and yet you automatically pay the 18 percent gratuity nevertheless because you are a party of +. I always tip and that really wasn't an issue until our service sucked at the buffet places!!
Where we couldn't sit together.....Crystal Palace...tables only seat 5 they are round. Our waiter was terrible.
Coral Reef, they do not do large groups well.
1900 Park fare....they do have long tables with benches and so it's really like you are sitting with everyone at the long table and not just your group, the buffet there was mediocre and the waitress was terrible and we didn't get seated until 45 minutes past our time!
Then we had to pay the gratuity regardless because we were 6+

Sci Fi they are cars and they only seat a max of 6 in a car.

If we go back as a group I would make separate reservations for groups of no more than 5 at a time. Service has definitely changed since they changed the tipping policy.

We all sat together at Crystal Palace; there was 9 of us dining.

At Sci Fi they put 11 of us in two cars side by side.

If they can seat you together, they will. If you are going at a peak time, it will be more difficult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter