passes for people with disabilities

DisKim

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this. I heard that if a person has a disability of some sort, they can get a pass that will allow them to go to the front of the line for some attractions. I also heard that there are different categories. I'm just wondering if this applies to ADHD. I know alot of people with diagnosed children and I was curious if they could get a special pass since it is difficult for these children to wait on line.

Go to the disability board for more information. but what you are referring to is a GAC and it does not generally provide front of line access. It is custom designed to the disability and may provide a separate waiting area, or possibly using a stroller as a wheelchair for a child [ allowing the stroller to be used in the line as a wheelchair can be, most strollers must wait outside}
Many people with autistic children do get GACs but it depends on the needs of the child and how they may affect other guests.
anyway there are extensive threads on them on the disabilities board.

There is not a pass that allows people to go to the front of the line (the exception would be children on Make A Wish or similar programs and people who are on mechanical life support like respirators).
They do have Guest Assistance Cards (we call them GACs here so we don't have to type out so much) which can provide things like being able to wait in a quieter, less hectic place, bring a stroller into line and have it treated as a wheelchair, avoid parts of lines that have steps. Each person's GAC might be different because even peopole with the same diagnosis have different types and levels of need.
Just having a child with ADHD doesn't necessarily mean a person needs a GAC. Some kids with ADHD will do just fine by using FastPass and going to the parks early. Others may need a GAC. During non-peak times when waits for most things are 20 minutes or less, a GAC might not really be necessary at all.
If you need more information, follow the link in my signature to the disABILITIES Board.

Edited to add: I got interupted while typing, so by the time I actually posted Mccall had also answered.

Thanks for responding. I didn't think the GAC was for that purpose, but I had been asked the question and didn't know how to answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter