Passing time....

LifeIsTinkIsLife

Mouseketeer
I know there are a lot of people on here who would like to go on vacations more often but can't. I am one of those people, so I had to wait about 120 days before my next planned vacation. The longest I've ever planned a vacation. (I usually start within a month :lmao:). How do you do it? I've been going crazy! I am now down to 17 but it's just like watching the clock. What are some things that help you get through the waiting? I'm all done planning, so I can't even do that! :hyper:

Only 120 days between vacations??? Wow! You are fortunate! It has been a year and 3 months since our last vacation - with a next one nowhere yet in view. YOu are very fortunate!

As for passing the time.... help others with their plans? ;)

- Dreams

Only 120 days between vacations??? Wow! You are fortunate! It has been a year and 3 months since our last vacation - with a next one nowhere yet in view. YOu are very fortunate!

As for passing the time.... help others with their plans? ;)

- Dreams

Haha! I know, I live in AZ so it's not very much work to get there. I've been spoiled this year! This is DBF and I's first year becoming "obsessed" with Disney so it's been hard since I never waited this long yet. I've never planned a vacation so early and when I was a kid my parents never did either. So I rarely had to wait very long at all.

I do try helping but I am a newbie myself! I try to help with what I can, but for a little while I tried to stay away from the boards to see if it would help, but it didn't make much of a difference. HAHAH I just started talking about Disneyland to other people who just look at me like I'm a freak. *Sigh* If only they knew. :lmao:

Hang out here on the boards, collect WAY too much Disney stuff on Ebay, lounge in our Disney Guest bedroom, dreaming of the next vacation.

Which by the way, we're headed to WDW in April and DL in October! Woohoo!

Hang out here on the boards, collect WAY too much Disney stuff on Ebay, lounge in our Disney Guest bedroom, dreaming of the next vacation.

Which by the way, we're headed to WDW in April and DL in October! Woohoo!

Nice! A Disney bedroom would be fun to have! ::MickeyMo I am getting through it slowly. I think a good way I found is to have a lot of countdowns in between. Since October or whenever it was I started planning I had a LOT of stuff going on. Halloween parties, the fair, thanksgiving, holidays, new years, ext. If I had planned this trip for after summer vacation it would have dragged on FOREVERRRR. :scared1: I currently have countdowns on my computer for school starting, the Supercross, my friends baby shower, and my brother's bday party. So it sure is helping! How long are you staying in WDW for? I want to take my boyfriend there someday.

Nice! A Disney bedroom would be fun to have! ::MickeyMo I am getting through it slowly. I think a good way I found is to have a lot of countdowns in between. Since October or whenever it was I started planning I had a LOT of stuff going on. Halloween parties, the fair, thanksgiving, holidays, new years, ext. If I had planned this trip for after summer vacation it would have dragged on FOREVERRRR. :scared1: I currently have countdowns on my computer for school starting, the Supercross, my friends baby shower, and my brother's bday party. So it sure is helping! How long are you staying in WDW for? I want to take my boyfriend there someday.

Yeah the Disney Guest Bedroom is wonderful although it drains our pocketbook. :)

We're going to WDW the last part of April for only 4 nights, 3 days. It's a short trip, but better then nothing. We're pretty excited since we've never gone together and only went once when we were younger.

Lots of planning. I find myself getting as much information as I can about the next destination. This year we are skipping Disneyland and thinking of another National Park. It's down to Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and North Carolina's Outer Banks. I was talking to a friend and mentioned that we loved Yosemite sooo much and He said that Yellowstone in his opinion was better. I was shocked to hear that. Anyway I plan and plan some more. I budget how much each would cost and then I wait for my tax return to see which vacation I get to have.

Lots of planning. I find myself getting as much information as I can about the next destination. This year we are skipping Disneyland and thinking of another National Park. It's down to Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and North Carolina's Outer Banks. I was talking to a friend and mentioned that we loved Yosemite sooo much and He said that Yellowstone in his opinion was better. I was shocked to hear that. Anyway I plan and plan some more. I budget how much each would cost and then I wait for my tax return to see which vacation I get to have.

Yeah, I don't know how much I would NOT know if I didn't come on these boards. Like my surprise for DBF. Neither of us have even heard about the Segway Tour. So when I found out about it on here I just had to surprise him with it! :goodvibes But there are so many more things I want to do now I'm afraid 6 days isn't enough, haha! :lmao:

Hmm, I might be just too young to really appreciate it but there is not very much to do at the Grand Canyon. Granted I've only stayed there for a few hours and I live about 2 hours south of there but it's really just not fun. I'd love to see Yellowstone or anything in NC sounds like it would be fun. I love water and trees. REAL water and fully grown trees. In Arizona most areas with water are man-made, and all the trees are so new they are just sticks with other sticks helping them stay up. :laughing:

Trying to pass the time before a DL vacation is the hardest thing ever!
I live in AZ too and DF and I (well he'll be DH on this trip:goodvibes) have been there once a year for the past 3 years and the time between in killer!!

We have like 4 1/2 months left till our trip and I have no idea what to do in all that time........:confused3

at least your down to 14 days!:woohoo:

Trying to pass the time before a DL vacation is the hardest thing ever!
I live in AZ too and DF and I (well he'll be DH on this trip:goodvibes) have been there once a year for the past 3 years and the time between in killer!!

We have like 4 1/2 months left till our trip and I have no idea what to do in all that time........:confused3

at least your down to 14 days!:woohoo:

I know! Don't worry the time will fly and you'll be going in 2 weeks soon enough! I just don't plan that much in between. My vacations may be spread apart but I never have a set date until MAYBE a month before. It's not as hard when you aren't waiting for an actual date to come. But my schedule is so difficult I sometimes wait until 2 weeks before so I never have long to wait! Hahaha. :)

Until then, watch YouTube videos of rides and there is some lady on there who posts videos of her whole experience. Like walking in (You even hear the magical sound of people's tickets being scanned! :wizard:), and walking down main street. It's a cool video!

So I just finished day one of my single digit countdown! Also my first day of school, and the day when Karma finally came back to me. I left my purse on a bench at Safeway and someone found it and when we went back to find it a girl pointed us out and handed over my purse. I knew that it would come around on a day when I make a dumb mistake. But hey, it was raining which is something that never happens here, and I was getting my truck fixed so my mind was scattered. :lmao:

8 MORE DAYS! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

:cheer2::yay::woohoo::hyper:party::dancer:

Hahaha!

I don't have another trip until October. It feels so very far away. Luckily for now (although it wont last long) I still have a good 1,000+ photos to edit from my last trip in September so I can finish my TR and I've been steadily talking a whole bunch of other friends & family members into going so I get to help them plan their vacations. It's not exactly a distraction though - it just makes me want to go again this very second!!

I love water and trees. REAL water and fully grown trees.

You need to come to Western Washington, specifically, the Olympic Peninsula. Sure, the rain is frustrating sometimes, but most of the time (like today) I gaze at the evergreen trees surrounding my house that have just been saturated with rain and think to myself "gosh, it sure is beautiful here."

We are currently discussing our next visit in May - 2011!!
Our last trip (which was our first in over 10 years!!!) was in April 09 - but we DO live on the other side of the Pacific, so.........

DH and one of our sons wants to wait until Carsland is open in 2012 , but me and other DH just can't wait THAT long!! So we will "make do" with WOC and maybe the Little Mermaid ride - can't remember when in 2011 that's meant to open...

Still, planning this far out means LOTS of anticipation time, which is such fun...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter