Patricia & Dale - DFTW VR 9/9/08 TR starts pg 50 - Finally finished! :)

Should hubby grow his mustache back? (view photos page 17)

• yes - grow it back

• no - leave it off

Results are only viewable after voting.
Patty,

I hope you have a nice trip. I have to admit I am a little jealous. I wish I was going to DTD this weekend.:laughing: Unfortunately we are stuck here in the snow.
:sad2:

Good luck finding Mickey ears!

Thanks Kelly. I hope the snow does not find us first! I guess that's why we always travel when it's warm out... only have to worry about hurricanes and stuff, lol. :confused3

Patty Isabella is just so beautiful and precious! I love that picture of her! You and Dale must be on :cloud9: with her! Give her a big :hug: for me!

Hi Patty,

Are you going to do a mini report on your trip this weekend??

Karen

Karen,

since you asked :) :) :) :)

We arrived at Pop Century just about 3pm. I went to check in while Dale waited for the one piece of carry on that I stowed under the ME bus. Not much line (which is real nice) and the CM tells me my room is ready. Then she tells me no, my room isn't ready?? :confused3 Well because we were there with a 'group' for the wedding, it was a 'block' of rooms. I asked for any room that was ready so we could change and get to DTD. The CM was very nice and found us a room in the same building, but on the first floor :cool1: :cool1: I love the first floor. We also got a GREAT bag of goodies (a welcome bag) from the bride and groom. All kinds of neat things, it was like Christmas going through that, lol.

So we head out to the bus to DTD and WAIT and WAIT and WAIT. We determined we had just missed the bus to DTD since we've never waited that long. So finally our bus comes, we are soon in DTD and meeting with some 'fellow' disney brides who've I've become close to online. It was so neat to meet them after 'talking' online for so long. We then went to have an early dinner at TREX (all of us) and there was no wait (being it was only 4ish). This place is really neat, very similar to Rainforest cafe though. Food was good, service was really good and we had lots of fun.

After dinner one of our new friends drove us to the Grand Floridian where we attended the DP (dessert party) for the bride and groom and 65 of their friend! There were giant chocolate strawberries, and yummy mickey rice crispy treats (with chocolate ears!!!) and other assorted pastries! At 8pm it was time for Wishes (we could see the castle from where we were set up) and the B/G had the music from Wishes piped into the party. It was so beautiful. To watch that without mobs of people around. We partied with everyone until 9ish when we headed back to Pop.

The next am we had to be at the front of Pop for the shuttle to the WP before 9am. So we were up and ready early and went and looked around the shop and sat in the food court until time to go.

We were shuttle right to the entrance to the WP. I've only seen in from the afar and it was so beautiful!!! Aubre has said she wants to be married here (after seeing a wedding there while doing the college program last year). Soon it was time for the most beautiful wedding I've ever seen. There is a sneak peek of Cam & Howards wedding on Stan's site (http://www.stvsweddings.com/ Click on Sneakpeeks and then the login is blu-ray and the password is magic!)

You can't watch that and not at least get tears in your eyes (I was there and still tear up when I watch it).

After the wedding we were taken to the GF convention center where there was a lovely pre-reception on the Whitehall Terrace and then an amazing reception inside a short time later.

The day was over and we were on the shuttle to go back to MCO at 4pm!! :sad:

So that, Karen, is the shortest TR I've ever done... Now maybe I'll finish ours some day, lol.

Patty,
I am glad you are home safe and sound.
I watched the video of Cam and Howard's VR. How beautiful! It made me cry and I don't even know them except Cam as keenercam.:) Please give her my congratulations.
Thanks for the mini trip report. Any trip report is good even if it is the shortest one you've ever done.;) :)

Patty!

Thank you for a wonderful mini trip report......you guys sound like you had such a nice time and the wedding sounds BEAUTIFUL! Any pics?? I know I'm nosey!!!

Karen

We arrived back on the Wonder and took this chance to enjoy the Rain forest room ONE more time!!! It was soon time for our last dinner on the ship.

Our servers for the week

2150316880074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Look at the sunburn!!!! OUCH I hurt bad! My head was pounding and my migraine meds were not helping at all.
2718251810074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Sadly after dinner we had to go back to our room to pack (I had put it off, trying to avoid the inevitable.) Our room host had tried several times to come in and turn down our bed and get it ready for the evening, but I was feeling so poorly and had so much to do (and I’m a madman (ok madwoman) when I’m packing). At one point I asked our host for a bag of ice. NOT for my ice bucket to keep our stuff cool, but to put on my HEAD!!! It hurt so very bad!

Got all the packing done and our bags outside of our stateroom before the 11pm deadline. I did not want to have to lug all our own bags out, that’s for sure. We had soooo much carry-on stuff to drag around in the am before disembarking!

So we got to sleep at some hour (at almost five months after the fact, these little details are starting to fade, sorry).

We had to get up a bit earlier since we had early seating, we had to have breakfast early our last day. We met up with our friends Monica and Warren,

2550810770074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Then Dawn and her family …

2466308350074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We said our goodbyes to everyone and headed out to the sadest day of our life (well really not that bad, but having to leave the ship was so depressing, lol).

2646343180074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

2136941560074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We headed down the ramp to leave the ship and got all the way to the terminal and the line STOPPED! Ok, figured we were a few minutes early so we waited and waited and waited. Finally someone came out and told us that the thousands of people leaving the ship had to go through the SIX Federal agents (customs, I think). So finally we are let through with the next group of people. As soon as we got off, there were porters everywhere and luggage everywhere. I’d read before the easiest thing to do was grab a porter and you’ll get through customs easier and usually quicker. So we found a porter and he was so helpful. We had FOUR suitcases, in addition to our carry on stuff and all the ‘extras’ I was carrying off the ship (my flowers and my sand ceremony set). This is one of the biggest tips I’d give anyone cruising. Unfortunately some don’t want to spend the money to tip the porter. That was the best 10-12-15 dollars we spent, I don’t recall how many bags we ended up with. He took all of our belongings to the stop for the Radisson shuttle.

After a short wait the shuttle arrived with the famous Bong driver. He took us to our car that had been parked at the hotel since our stay there Sat/Sun. That was also the best money spent. Parking at the port is a lot just to have your car ‘close-by’ but honestly, we were delivered right to our vehicle with all our bags without the added expense.

We said goodbye to Monica and Warren and headed out towards Disney. Oh, but we had to make a pit stop first. I HAD to find something for my burn! I wanted some homeopathic stuff I use at home for sunburn and it works amazing. Well at 8:30 in the am, the specialty stores are NOT open at that hour. Finally ended at the CVS and got regular sunburn stuff.

We were NOW officially heading to Disney World! It was hard to believe after the most amazing trip of our life, we still had four days at Disney to look forward too. As we drove out of Port Canaveral, we saw one of the infamous DVC (Disney’s best kept secret signs) and hubby asked about it. I told him what I knew, from a friend who recently bought into it. We figured financially this is something we just couldn’t do at this time.

As we got closer towards Disney we past our dd’s previous home while she was part of the College Program at Disney. This is Vista (had to take a pic for her).

2456424760074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Then the most magical sign…

2500269570074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We then arrived at Pop (sorry, after many stays here I don’t take as many pics, lol). It was time to don our bride/groom hats! We got there probably shortly after 10am or so. Our room was not ready. But we got congrats from the CM and a number to call later to see when it was ready. I had not made any special request this time (I typically would request ground floor 60’s building). That request will give you a view of the lake! I love that. Well this time, we were put in the 50’s building with the giant juke box (the old kind on the table in the diner, lol).

We decided to get a quick drink then head to DHS for the afternoon. We were heading out towards the bus when we were congratulated by a cm who was the DVC rep at Pop that day. He asked if he could take 60 seconds to tell us about DVC. We looked at each other and said, why not. In those 60 seconds we had a general idea of DVC and how much it cost (which I had told hubby already). He was very informative. He asked if we’d like to go on a tour. We thought about it and said, sure, why not. We’d were going to get free fast passes since we were missing time in the park. The DVC van would be over to pick us up in a few minutes. So hubby grabbed a bite to eat. In no time it was time to go see the brand new Animal Kingdom Villas.

Oh, but wait, I’ve got my flowers with me and I can’t leave them in the car or they would die (it was HOT) and our room wasn’t ready so I was getting worried. I couldn’t possibly carry them all over the park that day. So we asked our new friend ‘Joe’ the DVC guy if there was somewhere they could be kept until we returned later (actually I asked him if he could keep them). Unfortunately, Joe wouldn’t be on later and didn’t want any thing to happen to our flowers so he went and found someone to keep them safe for me and in water! I was so excited.

Next up, our trip to DVC!

You had a good last day even though it is sad leaving the ship! But you had 4 days at Disney to look forward too! Don't you just love that sign! Ahhhh...I miss it! Only 4 more months until I can see it again!

I remember leaving the ship. It was one of the worst days of my life. I cried like a baby!!! :lmao: At least that wasn't the end of your trip. Can't wait to hear more!!!

Been busy enjoying our beautiful granddaughter (who is now three months old)… but I’ve finally gotten around to an update (imagine that).

I don’t know why I didn’t think to take photos on our tour, but I’ll give you the details. After our friend Joe found a home for my flowers, the DVC van picked us up and whisked us off to Saratoga Springs. We’ve never been to any of the DVC resorts, well take that back, we took Disney transportation to Old Key West one time on our way to DTD. But other than sitting at the bus stop there, we didn’t’ see anything.

So we arrived at SSR and were dropped right in front of the door. We entered, gave our names and were congratulated again. We were told we could go into the next room for some refreshments. There were some light snacks, cookies, coffee, lemonade (I think). We then had a seat on a big comfy sofa where we were congratulated a few more times. Then our ‘guide’ came out and introduced herself. She sat and we chatted a few minutes. She asked about our vacation habits, (i.e. where do we go, how often, where do we stay, etc).

We were then taken to view the brand new AKV. We were shown the studio and the one-bedroom units (with the ‘fake’ savanna view). And then told if we wanted a two bedroom it was literally the studio and one bedroom with a door between. WOW that was a lot of room! It was gorgeous. After viewing these, we went back to her ‘office’ to discuss more about DVC, the cost of ownership, the finance options and the incentives that were being offered at that very point.

Our guide (who we later decided we didn’t really like, but that’s another story) made it sound like if we didn’t buy right then and there that we wouldn’t be eligible to receive these incentives. She left us alone to discuss this. I told hubby that we could indeed afford this and that I could make the payments. I had been putting money away for our cruise and vow renewal and it was pretty much the exact amount our payment would be. BUT…. hubby is the logical one and really wanted to look at our finances (he takes care of all the bills and the headaches that go with them). When we told our guide this, she was ‘ok’ but said if we made a decision before we left Disney we could still get the same incentives (imagine, the ones that we were told we could only get if we bought right then, lol). And there was something out DVC rep at Pop (Joe) told us… He said you DO NOT MAKE A $15,000 DECISION IN AN HOUR!!!

We informed out guide we were not ready to buy and went and had our ‘free’ ice cream sundaes. Hubby was a bit bummed, as he really wanted to do this, but just wasn’t ready. I told him that what ever he decided, I would be fine with. And truly I was ok with not buying right then.

After we enjoyed our ice cream we were driven to Disney Hollywood Studios (will always be MGM to me, sorry) to enjoy our day (along with our fast passes that we were also given) and continue on with our ‘honeymoon’!

DHS…

I love THE HAT!!!

2257720100074672119S500x500Q85.jpg
2830839320074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

I had heard about Toy Story Mania from many online friends and was determined we were going to do that. (even telling hubby when we passed this billboard from the port)

2204777250074672119S500x500Q85.jpg
2515397040074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We went straight there to use our special fast passes only to find out that all the fast passes for the day had been given out!! WHAT??? How could that be? The wait was more than an 75 minutes at that point. I’ve done Tour Guide Mike for years and haven’t waited in a line more than 15 minutes in several years; I could NOT justify an hour or more for a ride.

So we decided to go see what else we could use our fast passes on. We stopped to watch Mulch, Sweat and Tears! I use to think they just lip synced the songs but had recently found out that they were REALLY real performers.

2788975950074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

So we walked down and did Rock and Roller Coaster. (one of hubby’s favs) but NOT Tower of Terror. Hubby won’t ride it and I won’t ride it alone, lol. (He has been stuck in too many elevators and just won’t do it, so no problem I by-passed it this trip)…

2611778860074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

So we head back to Toy Story Mania and it’s still an hour wait, well at least it had come down a tiny bit. We walked by and hubby said ‘if you really want to, let’s go’… so I bite the bullet and get into the very LONG line. This reminds me of Test Track in that you are in the air conditioning the entire time, so it’s NOT THAT BAD! And there are some awesome pics from this one.

2133444100074672119S425x425Q85.jpg
2432691100074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

2254661530074672119S425x425Q85.jpg
2330246210074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

This is on the ceilng…

2464861400074672119S425x425Q85.jpg
2756469920074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

2262839910074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Mr. Potato Head actually talked to the audience…

2804305100074672119S425x425Q85.jpg
2873444230074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Of course hubby beat me…

2106661210074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

another self portrait (hubby looking a bit tired).

2834823020074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

It was then time to head back to Pop, we were BEAT. (and I was exhausted from my sunburn the day before).

2383036440074672119S425x425Q85.jpg
2269792490074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

Bravo bravo. Keep it coming. It's funny but just today i was thinking about this and the cruise thread. Hey you need to add Yoda to your siggy.

Bravo bravo. Keep it coming. It's funny but just today i was thinking about this and the cruise thread. Hey you need to add Yoda to your siggy.

For those that are going to ask who is Yoda???

Yoda is our newest addition to our zoo of animals. He is a 10 year old rescued Old English Bulldog.

2848134600074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

He does have eyes (but they were closed here) and he does have more teeth.

You must be a mind reader because everytime I start to worry about where you are and hope that your okay you pop up with another update!:laughing:

How did you like Pop century? How was it compared to ASMu? We are staying at Pop this September. The other times we stayed at ASMu (which I really like) but Hubby talked me into Pop this time. I have heard alot of good things about it but thought since you have stayed at both you would have a good idea about both.

Yoda looks like a sweetheart. Our dog turned 10 this year and she is just starting to get the gray around her nose.

Great update and pictures! I especially like the one of the both of you in front of the hat a DHS, that peachy/coral color is a good color for you.:)

For those that are going to ask who is Yoda???

Yoda is our newest addition to our zoo of animals. He is a 10 year old rescued Old English Bulldog.

2848134600074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

He does have eyes (but they were closed here) and he does have more teeth.

Hey! I have a Yoda too! Except your Yoda would probably eat my Yoda for lunch! He's a Chiuaua - with some really big ears!

Great update!!! I watched the sneekpreview weddings....boy, it makes me want to do it all over again!! What a sap I am.:hug:

cheryl

Great update!!! I watched the sneekpreview weddings....boy, it makes me want to do it all over again!! What a sap I am.:hug:

cheryl

You are not a sap... I love seeing all the DFTW! I too watch the sneak peeks.

You must be a mind reader because everytime I start to worry about where you are and hope that your okay you pop up with another update!:laughing:

How did you like Pop century? How was it compared to ASMu? We are staying at Pop this September. The other times we stayed at ASMu (which I really like) but Hubby talked me into Pop this time. I have heard alot of good things about it but thought since you have stayed at both you would have a good idea about both.

Yoda looks like a sweetheart. Our dog turned 10 this year and she is just starting to get the gray around her nose.

Great update and pictures! I especially like the one of the both of you in front of the hat a DHS, that peachy/coral color is a good color for you.:)

Kelly, so glad to see I haven't 'lost' you. Oh you will LOVE POP! I think that was more our favorite then the All Stars, but really either is great. With Pop, it's a larger resort (since it's one where all stars are three smaller ones). The food court is much larger with lots of similar items. We love the theme of Pop and take LOTS of photos. You need to walk the walkway with the little signs and 'remember' when these things were happening (well depending on your age, you may remember some, lol). Hubby loved to get a cup of coffee and go walk the bridge first thing in the am.

Yoda has blended well into our family and is officially a 'member' of the zoo.

Well I promise it won't be two months before I update again (we are going back next month for my birthday, I really need to get this done before then).

Hey! I have a Yoda too! Except your Yoda would probably eat my Yoda for lunch! He's a Chiuaua - with some really big ears!

Jackie,

thanks for stopping by. I'll have to check out your PJ and see if you have a pic of your Yoda. Can't wait to read about your menu tasting.

Kelly, so glad to see I haven't 'lost' you. Oh you will LOVE POP! I think that was more our favorite then the All Stars, but really either is great. With Pop, it's a larger resort (since it's one where all stars are three smaller ones). The food court is much larger with lots of similar items. We love the theme of Pop and take LOTS of photos. You need to walk the walkway with the little signs and 'remember' when these things were happening (well depending on your age, you may remember some, lol). Hubby loved to get a cup of coffee and go walk the bridge first thing in the am.

Yoda has blended well into our family and is officially a 'member' of the zoo.

Well I promise it won't be two months before I update again (we are going back next month for my birthday, I really need to get this done before then).
Patty,
I am so glad to hear you like Pop as much as ASMu. We have stayed at ASMu 3 times now and it kinda feels like home but I am excited to see the themeing of Pop. I think the girls will really like the themeing. We will have to make sure to walk the path with the "remember when" signs. Although I am much too young to probably remember much of it. :lmao: HA HA! Yeah right!:rotfl: Just kidding!
Are you going to do a trip report for your May trip? I hope you do because that will have to hold me over until we go in Sept.:laughing: Plus I am anxious to see the AK villas.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter