• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paying for self serve laundry

mkoerner

DIS Veteran
I read that the self serve laundry machines at POFQ only take credit cards. Will a visa gift card work, too or only actual credit cards?

I would not use a visa gift card if at all possible. There can be issues processing payments and sometimes you need a cashier to physically input the amount to be charged to the card instead of just merely swiping. If it is the only thing you are bringing with you, keep a running tab of your remaining balance and don't be surprised if the card is sometimes randomly declined if there are funds on it. It's not a Disney thing, it's an issue with how POS systems process the payment.

About three years ago I used a Visa gift card at the POR self serve laundry. The card had a low balance under 8.00 that I was trying to use up. I was very careful not to spend more than was on the gift card. Everything worked out fine. Maybe you could try the gift card and have a regular credit card as a back up, if needed.

I haven't done laundry in the last 2 years but I used a TD bank Visa gift card and had no problems.

You can also use cash if you would like.

Just go to the Front Desk and they will give you a "Laundry Card".

The 15s here at our Resort have been doing that a lot-their CCs were not working in the Laundry control box.:)

You can also use cash if you would like.

Just go to the Front Desk and they will give you a "Laundry Card".

The 15s here at our Resort have been doing that a lot-their CCs were not working in the Laundry control box.:)
Thanks! That will work perfectly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter