Paying off you're balance before arrival

dsnycrzy

W/4 kids who has time for anything else but planni
How much much hassle is it to pay off your balance? I know it isn't like Disney where you can call up and pay. My stay will be $908 and I want to pay $608 now and the $300 in 2 weeks if it's not a lot of hoops to jump through. Thanks

So you no longer have to fax somebody something and stuff?

I did the pre pay years ago one time and it involves signing and mailing forms in

It is probably different now

You can call the hotel and be transferred to the employee that handles prepay set ups

I did the pre pay years ago one time and it involves signing and mailing forms in

It is probably different now

You can call the hotel and be transferred to the employee that handles prepay set ups
You're right on the money (pun intended,lol)...Last week I took care of our remaining balance, by them emailing a form and after filling it out, faxed it to them, etc.

I called. Its the same shenanigans!! Faxing paperwork!!!!
I hate showing up on vacation with balances to pay off. Even worse is this is the last 3 days of our 24 days in Orlando and with school clothes and just having fun, Im going to struggle trying to hold onto an extra $700:headache::headache::headache:

Documents have to be in place to have a payment plan or prepay all in advance

Most common way is a person paid a one night deposit at the time of booking
And can pay remainder at time check out time at the hotel

I pay the deposit when booking and pay quite a bit with gift cards on my account when I check in

Many times I pay the remainder amount due at check in and carry a balance until last night there

The link does not show what I had to send in when I looked at it

Suggest you call the hotel and ask to speak with the employee that handles prepayment

I called. Its the same shenanigans!! Faxing paperwork!!!!
I hate showing up on vacation with balances to pay off. Even worse is this is the last 3 days of our 24 days in Orlando and with school clothes and just having fun, Im going to struggle trying to hold onto an extra $700:headache::headache::headache:

Just pay the deposit when you book and pay the remainder when you check out

Will be costing you the same amount either way in the end

I called a couple of weeks ago to pay off my balance. They want you to fax the form with a copy of your credit card front and back and your driver's license. I was not comfortable providing all that information over the fax machine. That is one area that universal really needs to improve on. You should be able to call up and pay off your balance.

I have a hotel reservation only and they basically told me the same thing which I refuse to do so I'm going to send them a check I really don't think they're going to send it back

An encripted FAX machine is safer from hackers than email or online but there is always the matter of what is done with the paper on the other end.

I have a hotel reservation only and they basically told me the same thing which I refuse to do so I'm going to send them a check I really don't think they're going to send it back

Have no idea how they will handle that

Would be easier to write out the check and take it with you
When asked about payment, give them the check when you check into the hotel

I want it paid before I arrive and it's not hackers it's the people receiving the fax information that you can't trust

There have been good suggestions in other threads about how to handle paying in advance but not actually paying in advance. Go to the website and purchase Universal Gift cards. You can then use these gift cards to pay your hotel. Someone else suggested a prepaid credit card in the amount that will be needed. Both will do the same thing as paying your hotel in advance.

I called a couple of weeks ago to pay off my balance. They want you to fax the form with a copy of your credit card front and back and your driver's license. I was not comfortable providing all that information over the fax machine. That is one area that universal really needs to improve on. You should be able to call up and pay off your balance.

Yes, it can't be that hard! I call and pay off my disney balances with an automated service. I have been going on vacation and showing up free from ANY payments. The only time I have this problem is when its the year we do Universal. Its fine, I'll just get a visa gift card with the balance plus the $22 per night just to freaking park there:smooth::smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter