PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Has anyone tried, using the app, to have an order at one store, and then another order at another stroe? I know you can only have one per for a particular store, say Loblaws, but can you have a second at, say Superstore? Every 2 weeks still puts me having to go in to the store for the items they limit, like milk and meat. I can't just have those once every two weeks.
this is why I can't use this to avoid shopping in person. I only have 6 safe foods at the moment and to run out of one of them isn't an option. I'm going thru at least 5 bags of milk every 2 weeks, a bag and a half of frozen blueberries every other day and a can of tuna everyday. I was able to get 4 bags of milk at metro 2 weeks ago because for some reason they have very few items with limits. Our zehrs, shoppers and the no frills all have limits on everything! Luckily there's another no frills that is rarely busy and well stocked so I can get my tuna and blueberries but I have to go about every 10 days (and that's only because I've cut back on how much I'm eating and now losing weight 😖)

so to get my order and find out I've been shorted I would need to shop myself anyway. Might as well just do it to start with and eliminate the stress of worrying.

I prefer shopping myself. My mom is picky so I definitely need to hand pick food items for her. DH got a new fridge today to put in our locker room. Finally I can stock up. I had decided not to get an extra freezer for food since our locker room is tight in space. But Coronavirus has changed my mind. We got a fridge with freezer compartment instead so I can buy more food at once to reduce the frequency of me going out shopping. :goodvibes

I prefer shopping myself. My mom is picky so I definitely need to hand pick food items for her. DH got a new fridge today to put in our locker room. Finally I can stock up. I had decided not to get an extra freezer for food since our locker room is tight in space. But Coronavirus has changed my mind. We got a fridge with freezer compartment instead so I can buy more food at once to reduce the frequency of me going out shopping. :goodvibes

We have a small chest freezer in our basement but it is so jam packed, I hate taking everything out before I find what I’m looking for. Once we get our second chest freezer, I plan to go to Costco to stock up. Haven’t set foot there since the beginning of March.

We have a small chest freezer in our basement but it is so jam packed, I hate taking everything out before I find what I’m looking for. Once we get our second chest freezer, I plan to go to Costco to stock up. Haven’t set foot there since the beginning of March.
Mine is just a mess, I keep meaning to go through it and make a list of what is on there and keep it on the wall or taped to the freezer. This weekend I will try to do it!!!

I looked over at costco after our last grocery pick up from superstore but the line looked quite far back and I wasn't prepared with a list so we just went home. I seem to be a chicken when I see a long line these days. Im sure it looked way worse than it was because they are letting so many people in at once etc.

Mine is just a mess, I keep meaning to go through it and make a list of what is on there and keep it on the wall or taped to the freezer. This weekend I will try to do it!!!

I looked over at costco after our last grocery pick up from superstore but the line looked quite far back and I wasn't prepared with a list so we just went home. I seem to be a chicken when I see a long line these days. Im sure it looked way worse than it was because they are letting so many people in at once etc.
Don’t know if it was this thread or the PC one but I detailed my Costco experience. The Costco line is because most of the people are outside. Once you get in there’s hardly anyone. It’s great actually.

I waited (2 weeks ago) for an hour in the Costco line up, but yeah, empty store inside. It was a pleasure to shop, once you got in there. Of course, there was someone with their cart parked across the meat section I wanted, but other than that, it was good. Oh yeah, and things I'm used to getting there not being available. What can you do?

Totally agree on the Costco experience. They‘ve really done a great job with every aspect of their new protocols . The line looks long but people are at least 6 feet apart and they are letting in a certain number at a time . I’ve been twice and waited about 30 minutes each time. Well worth it . The stores are empty and awesome and I will actually be sad to them go back to crowded !

Totally agree on the Costco experience. They‘ve really done a great job with every aspect of their new protocols . The line looks long but people are at least 6 feet apart and they are letting in a certain number at a time . I’ve been twice and waited about 30 minutes each time. Well worth it . The stores are empty and awesome and I will actually be sad to them go back to crowded !
IMO, Costco has done it 100% right. As I waited in line I wondered how long it would have been if we were not all spaced out.....I suspect not long at all. Used to be you waited in line at the cash...now you just wait before you go in.

Thought I would also mention a quick stop in, not my usual Sobeys. I was talking with a friend last week and she offered me some items that I could pass along to my nephew....we coordinated a porch pick up. My friend is going though a bit of a hard time right now so I decided that as I drove to her house I would try to find someplace to stop and get her a bunch of flowers, to perk her up but also a thank you for her offer. There was a Sobeys near her house and I pulled into the parking lot to check if there was a line outside. Nope, no line...GREAT. When I got to the door there was a staff member that stopped me. She instructed me to take a Purell wipe to clean my hands, then pointed to a store map that showed the traffic flow while inside. They had marked out one way traffic through the entire store. I thought this was good but now thinking back on it ….probably makes shopping even more difficult. The flowers were all right inside the front door so I didn't need to deal with the traffic flow....grabbed a bunch and went about 15 ft over to the cash. I had a bit of a chuckle after I got outside. There was a senior couple ahead of me at the cash. They were questioning the price on a very large bag of flour. They didn't want to pay the $7.49 for it and ended up walking out with none of the items they had on the belt. So I pay, the cashier is still shaking her head, and outside I go. I then see this couple getting into a very new luxury SUV....worth approx. $90K. :rotfl:

I remember a link that showed the online stock of Shoppers Drug Mart electronics among others. i was able to see which store had a special Switch console or game. Does anyone remember the link?

Newbie here... what's a Redemption event?

usually, you can redeem your points in increments of 10,000, each for 10$ off.

during redemption events, you can redeem for more $ off. the event is only at shoppers. it’s usually:

50,000 points for 65$ off
100,000 points for 140$ off
200,000 points for 300$ off

there was one extra good redemption day last year around black friday, but the regular redemption weekends happen about once a month or so.

Does anyone know if the 12,500 points for $125 spent "on almost anything in store" applies to PC Express?

The bold emphasis on "in store" is in the PC app and makes me think it does not. But that seems very tone deaf of Loblaws if they are encouraging people to shop in store when they don't need to.

Despite a rash of order errors since we started using PC Express, we are a lot happier with it than lining up and risking exposure inside the store.

Does anyone know if the 12,500 points for $125 spent "on almost anything in store" applies to PC Express?

The bold emphasis on "in store" is in the PC app and makes me think it does not. But that seems very tone deaf of Loblaws if they are encouraging people to shop in store when they don't need to.

Despite a rash of order errors since we started using PC Express, we are a lot happier with it than lining up and risking exposure inside the store.
I had a similar offer a while ago and it worked. I think the 'in store' means items they carry and is not an offer for anything you order to be delivered to your home such as the Joe Fresh line.

It's great that you received an offer like this! I would love something like that as mine are always spend $x.xx at Shoppers and not any of the other stores.

Sorry, can't help you with the PC Express question as I've never received such an offer for Superstore. Too bad as my 2 week PC Express orders are quite substantial so would earn me extra points for sure!

It's great that you received an offer like this! I would love something like that as mine are always spend $x.xx at Shoppers and not any of the other stores.

Sorry, can't help you with the PC Express question as I've never received such an offer for Superstore. Too bad as my 2 week PC Express orders are quite substantial so would earn me extra points for sure!
Just a quick tip. And (shhh) don't spread this around.

Our local Loblaws is currently about a two week lead time on orders 9 (spots fill up generally within about 48 hours of release). So DW and I each have accounts on loblaws.ca. We leapfrog our orders so that we get an order each Sunday. We choose Sunday for pickup because the order closing is on Thursday, just after the specials release. Gives us the opportunity to take advantage of the specials for every week. Once we find out what we get from our main order, we shop Farm Boy (aka Trader Joe's North) for most of veggies and anything that got dropped from Loblaws on Tuesday morning in store. Crowds are low there at 8am so I am fairly comfortable shopping the smaller store.

Just a quick tip. And (shhh) don't spread this around.

Our local Loblaws is currently about a two week lead time on orders 9 (spots fill up generally within about 48 hours of release). So DW and I each have accounts on loblaws.ca. We leapfrog our orders so that we get an order each Sunday. We choose Sunday for pickup because the order closing is on Thursday, just after the specials release. Gives us the opportunity to take advantage of the specials for every week. Once we find out what we get from our main order, we shop Farm Boy (aka Trader Joe's North) for most of veggies and anything that got dropped from Loblaws on Tuesday morning in store. Crowds are low there at 8am so I am fairly comfortable shopping the smaller store.

Our Farm Boy has been excellent as well. Lots of fresh food and there is usually nobody in there. It a nice change from the big grocery stores. You can't get paper products or personal products but it's great for the other stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter